The simFlight Network Forums

Get LVar names and values from the external App?

Is there some simple way to get list of current LVars and their values from the external application?

Now I'm using the 0x66C1 offset to exchange data between the GUI and Lua parts of application. And I know I can use this "pipe" to ask Lua script for what I want and make it return the requested values back to the GUI part. But may be there is some other more clean and simple way to read Lua vars through the FSUIPC API?

I need all this to make some kind of GUI replacement for log lvar.lua script with more features for those who making Lua scripts for addon aircrafts.

Is there some simple way to get list of current LVars and their values from the external application?

Not at present. In fact I can't offhand think of an easy way to do such a thing except via Lua.

Now I'm using the 0x66C1 offset to exchange data between the GUI and Lua parts of application. And I know I can use this "pipe" to ask Lua script for what I want and make it return the requested values back to the GUI part. But may be there is some other more clean and simple way to read Lua vars through the FSUIPC API?

Well, not really. If I implemented such a thing (which isn't easy) it would probably be just as messy, with interlocks on offsets and so on.

Pete