The simFlight Network Forums

FSX - FSUIPC Autosave

Morning all-

I have a quick question. I have just started using some of the features in FSUIPC registered version. My primary use is for WideFS and some remote applications. Lots of really nice features in this package.

Autosave - I have autosave setup to save every 2 minutes or so... and to save 10 flights max. When I go to reload one of these flights they take forever (as in 5+ minutes). I have a SSD drive and when I just load a flight using the menus, they will load in about 12 seconds.

Any thoughts on what is causing these saved flights to take so long? I will test it compared to a flight that I manually save and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

Benjamin.

Any thoughts on what is causing these saved flights to take so long? I will test it compared to a flight that I manually save and see if that makes any difference.

There's absolutely no difference in saved flights no matter how they are initiated. There cannot possibly be. All AutoSave is doing is calling the same routine as the Save Flight menu entry or the ; shortcut. You've got something else going on. None of my software creates flight files, they just call the menu item at the interval you specify.

Maybe there's a lot more stuff going (complex scenery, complex weather, engine settings, whatever) on in the AutoSave flights that the others you are comparing with. Why not simply compare the files? All FLT files are simple text files.

Pete

Roger, I will do some testing with direct comparison.

I will go an autosave and ";" in the relative same location and see what happens.

I know FSUIPC isn't doing anything wonky I just can't figure out why is would be so much different.

I will keep you posted on what I find.

Thanks Pete!