The simFlight Network Forums

iFly737NG Autothrottle Issue

Hi Pete,

I use FSUIPC as the interface for my GoFlight MCPPro as I (usually) find it far more reliable than GoFlight's software interface (no sudden freezing etc).

However, when flying the iFly 737NG, whenever I press any button on the MCPPro, the autothrottle disconnects. This is the only aircraft on which this occurs.

The screeshot attached shows an example of a command set up in FSUIPC (Altitude Increase) that causes the autothrottle to disconnect when used.

Is this likely to be a problem with FSUIPC or the iFly 737NG?

Regards,

Dennis

post-17330-0-54827700-1308478190_thumb.j

You posted your support question in the Announcements subforum for some reason. You are lucky I spotted it -- I've moved it here where it belongs.

However, when flying the iFly 737NG, whenever I press any button on the MCPPro, the autothrottle disconnects. This is the only aircraft on which this occurs.

The screeshot attached shows an example of a command set up in FSUIPC (Altitude Increase) that causes the autothrottle to disconnect when used.

Well, sending that command wouldn't disconnect the A/P (it would be stupid if it did, wouldn't it?). You need to see what else is being sent -- enable event and axis logging in FSUIPC logging, and try again, then look in the Log and see what controls or commands are being sent.

The iFly 737NG is reported to be rather over-sensitive to yoke movements, so it might simply be that the USB scanning done by Windows when you press a button is seeing a slight jitter in the elevator or aileron read-out. If that's the case you could probably deal with it by either calibrating a larger central dead zone on the yoke, or maybe finding the sensitivity setting i read about in the iFly configuration and reducing it.

Failing this I think you'd need to check with iFly support. I'm told it is very good.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete. Due to the over-sensitivity of the iFly 737NG to yoke movements, I had already calibrated a large central dead zone and also reduced the sensitivity slider in the iFly configuration program to 'Minimum'. This had prevented the autopilot suddenly disconnecting with even the slightest movement of the yoke. In this case, it's the autothrottle (not autopilot) that is disconnecting. I'll raise it in the iFly forums and see if I get any joy there.

Thanks again,

Dennis

p.s. apologies for posting in the wrong subforum - I must have been looking at a post there when pressing the New Post button.

Thanks Pete. Due to the over-sensitivity of the iFly 737NG to yoke movements, I had already calibrated a large central dead zone and also reduced the sensitivity slider in the iFly configuration program to 'Minimum'. This had prevented the autopilot suddenly disconnecting with even the slightest movement of the yoke. In this case, it's the autothrottle (not autopilot) that is disconnecting. I'll raise it in the iFly forums and see if I get any joy there.

Maybe throttle sensitivity is the problem? See if it still occurs with the throttle lever(s) parked in a dead zone (idle or full thrust, which should both be calibrated to avoid jitter). Or if you are assigning throttles through FSUIPC you could increase the Delta value a bit. It would give you fewer discrete throttle positions but also less sensitivity to jitter.

Regards

Pete

Maybe throttle sensitivity is the problem? See if it still occurs with the throttle lever(s) parked in a dead zone (idle or full thrust, which should both be calibrated to avoid jitter). Or if you are assigning throttles through FSUIPC you could increase the Delta value a bit. It would give you fewer discrete throttle positions but also less sensitivity to jitter.

Thanks Pete. I followed your advice and have now tracked it down to a program that iFly supply called GoFlight.exe, which is started manually outside of FSX and controls the display of digits on the GF-MCPPro unit. When this isn't started, the unit works perfectly (although the displays are blank) and the autothrottle does not disconnect whenever a button/knob on the unit is pressed/turned. When it is started, the autothrottle starts to disconnect again.

I'll raise it as a problem via iFly's support site.

Thanks again for your help - much appreciated.

Regards,

Dennis

• 8 months later...

hello solentflyer i have the same problem with the autothrottle for the boing 737 ifly. i never had this problem before using my old jostyk but now i bouht a saitek pro joystik and i have this problem when i push (to/ga) it sims to be working perfectly but at the end it never reduce the thrus automatically and it produce overspeed. did you finde the solution for this problem because i´m searching on internet and i´m not able to find any solution please help me with this ..

thank you very mucha