The simFlight Network Forums

COPYING OF PROFILES

i HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO COPY A CONFIGURATION MADE IN FSUIPC FROM ONE AIRCRAFT TO THE OTHER. THIS IS HAPPENING WHEN I HAVE ONE SPECIFIC AIRCRAFT WITH VARIOUS LIVERIES WITHIN, WHERE I "PROGRAM" A SPECIFIC CONFIGURATION FOR ONE LIVERY (USING SPECIFIC AIRCRAFT FEATURE), AND IF I NEED TO USE ANOTHER AIRCRAFT CORRESPONDING TO SAME LIVERY, I HAVE TO REPROGRAM IT ONCE AGAIN.

ANY WAY I CAN COPY THE "CONFIGURATION" OF ONE AIRCRAFT TO OTHER(S)?

PLESE ADVICE.

i HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO COPY A CONFIGURATION MADE IN FSUIPC FROM ONE AIRCRAFT TO THE OTHER. THIS IS HAPPENING WHEN I HAVE ONE SPECIFIC AIRCRAFT WITH VARIOUS LIVERIES WITHIN, WHERE I "PROGRAM" A SPECIFIC CONFIGURATION FOR ONE LIVERY (USING SPECIFIC AIRCRAFT FEATURE), AND IF I NEED TO USE ANOTHER AIRCRAFT CORRESPONDING TO SAME LIVERY, I HAVE TO REPROGRAM IT ONCE AGAIN.

First off, could you please find the "Caps Lock" on your keyboard and turn it off. All capitals is difficult to read and comes across as shouting.

Second, although you've entitled this thread "COPYING OF PROFILES", it seems you are not actually using the Profiles feature in FSUIPC at all, but the aircraft specific one instead. It would have been easier for you to use Profiles, in fact. There's a complete section on Profiles in the User Guide.

ANY WAY I CAN COPY THE "CONFIGURATION" OF ONE AIRCRAFT TO OTHER(S)?

You can do such a thing easily enough, just by editing the INI file appropriately, but It is much better to use short names for the aircraft instead, via the "ShortAircraftNameOk=Substring" facility. Please check out the Appendix in the Advanced User's guide entitled

About the Aircraft Specific option and ‘ShortAircraftNameOK

Regards

Pete

Could you be more specific? I made a "search" of the word Profile in the document (user's Guide), and the search tells me this term is not in the document!!!

First off, could you please find the "Caps Lock" on your keyboard and turn it off. All capitals is difficult to read and comes across as shouting.

Second, although you've entitled this thread "COPYING OF PROFILES", it seems you are not actually using the Profiles feature in FSUIPC at all, but the aircraft specific one instead. It would have been easier for you to use Profiles, in fact. There's a complete section on Profiles in the User Guide.

You can do such a thing easily enough, just by editing the INI file appropriately, but It is much better to use short names for the aircraft instead, via the "ShortAircraftNameOk=Substring" facility. Please check out the Appendix in the Advanced User's guide entitled

About the Aircraft Specific option and ‘ShortAircraftNameOK

Regards

Pete

Could you be more specific? I made a "search" of the word Profile in the document (user's Guide), and the search tells me this term is not in the document!!!

It's not only in the User Guide, but it has a complete section of its own which is clearly listed in the contents, on the second page of the document, as:

User profiles for all control settings

Seems you need to find a better search mechanism?

Regards

Pete

The user guide I have does not have that section!!! I downloaded version 4.7 from your site but the user guide, if it has been updated, is not included in the download, only the installation and registration guide is!!!

All of the user documentation plus lots of other useful stuff is installed for you in the folder called "FSUIPC Documents", inside the FS modules folder.

It does tell you this quite clearly in the Installation and Registration Guide. It lists the files you get and where they are! Why not try looking at it now you've found it?

Pete

Sory for the inconveniences I might have caused you... I would never have thought it would be in the Microsoft FSX Directory under Modules!!!

That's why it is pointed out in the Installation guide. I put the FSUIPC Documents in there because it is close to FSUIPC. I don't like installations which spread themselves all over the place. Everything to do with FSUIPC is there, and no where else.

Pete