The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4 4.70 Not Working

Hello!

I've just gotten back from a long break from the whole simulator thing and was getting all my stuffs back online, downloaded FSInn, FSCopilot and all those stuffs, flew some offline and decided I'd get FSUIPC so I could go online and check that out again. As soon as I downloaded and installed FSUIPC4 my computer said NO. I could not get my FSX running with FSUIPC4. The error I'm getting with FSUIPC4 is "SimConnect.dll_unloaded" or something and the event is called "App Crash". As soon as I remove the FSUIPC4.dll file my FSX is back online. Am I being wrong if I'm saying that FSUIPC4 is the one not letting my computer run FSX? And how can I solve this, cause I want to use your add-on and I have usen it before without problems. I'd be glad if you could help a potential future registered customer, I know the greatness of FSUIPC4 but as of now, I cant use the greatness! :(

Thankful for any advice that would lead to a solution! Regards Andreas

I've just gotten back from a long break from the whole simulator thing and was getting all my stuffs back online, downloaded FSInn, FSCopilot and all those stuffs, flew some offline and decided I'd get FSUIPC so I could go online and check that out again. As soon as I downloaded and installed FSUIPC4 my computer said NO. I could not get my FSX running with FSUIPC4. The error I'm getting with FSUIPC4 is "SimConnect.dll_unloaded" or something and the event is called "App Crash".

This isn't FSUIPC4 crashing or displaying that message, but it is a bug in SimConnect which only occurs during first time loading, and more usually when there are several programs being loaded at the same time. It's to do with timing in the way SimConnect operates the Windows "trust" system for third party programs.

As soon as I remove the FSUIPC4.dll file my FSX is back online. Am I being wrong if I'm saying that FSUIPC4 is the one not letting my computer run FSX?

FSUIPC4 is not even getting loaded -- SimConnect is crashing when it goes to load it and verify its signature via the Windows trust system.

Please see the thread on this subject in the FAQ subforum. There are number of hints there for getting around the problem. Another one, in your case with FSCopilot and FSInn also installed, is to make a safe copy of the DLL.XML and EXE.XML files, then install FSUIPC4 again (just re-run the installer) and run FSX at least once, maybe more times, till it is clear FSUIPC4 is okay. Then rename the original DLL.XML and EXE.XML files back.

Really it is best to only ever install one thing at a time, get it working, then exit FS and install the next. That way clashes in SimConnect are less likely.

Regards

Pete