The simFlight Network Forums

Mouse Macro to SIOC

Pete,

I am looking forward to finish my motorthrottleproject with an opencockpit servocard. For the sioc script I need to know the position of the A/T switch. I am using wilco PIC 737 and have realized the switch via a mouse macro. Is there a way in FSUIPC to read out mouse macros and there status to sioc?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards

Martin Steuck

I am looking forward to finish my motorthrottleproject with an opencockpit servocard. For the sioc script I need to know the position of the A/T switch. I am using wilco PIC 737 and have realized the switch via a mouse macro. Is there a way in FSUIPC to read out mouse macros and there status to sioc?

Sorry, I don't really know, not knowing either SIOC or the Wilco 737, but "mouse macros" are only a way of making an assignment which calls the code inside a gauge which would be called by the mouse click on the switch on screen. Nothing else. There is nothing to read back about what was changed. Depending on how the gauge is written -- whether there's a Software Development Kit or user interface provided by the authors, as for the Level D 767 -- it could be a matter of hacking into the code to find out where to get the data from, or, possibly, finding if they used local gauge variables (L:Vars. Though I suspect that if mouse macros work they won't be using L:Vars as those tend to be associated with XML gauges, not C/C++ ones.

If all you mean is to do something else at the same time as using the mouse macro, then you can of course have the one button or switch executing both the macro and any other assignments, but you'd need to edit the INI file to get multiple actions.

Are you sure that aircraft doesn't use the default FS A/T switch? If it does then just read the offset for it in FSUIPC.

Regards

Pete