The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC compatibility

Hi Pete,

I am developing an application which currently uses FSUIPC 2.96. I've got two questions regarding compatibility:

1) Will users of the new version 3 be able to use my program?

2) I am developing my application primarily for FS 2002. However, I am wondering whether users of FS 2004 will also be able to use my program without any problems (I've specified SIM_ANY when opening the link to FSUIPC)?

Thanks in advance :)!

I am developing an application which currently uses FSUIPC 2.96.

Why such an old version? Before FSUIPC 3 was released the only supported version for about 5 months was 2.975.

2) I am developing my application primarily for FS 2002. However, I am wondering whether users of FS 2004 will also be able to use my program without any problems (I've specified SIM_ANY when opening the link to FSUIPC)?

1. Users who register their copy of FSUIPC 3 can use your program in any version of FS. If they don't register then your program won't work without an access Key. Please see the announcements at the head of this Forum.

2. I have tried very hard to make sure that the interface provided for FS2004 is a superset of that provided for FS2002, just as I did for FS2002 before and FS2000 before that. However, I cannot test everything and there could be some differences depending on what your program uses. If there are differences I try to eradicate them as soon as I know, but I am dependent upon people like you telling me. There are just too many variables, many of which I don't even necessarily understand, for me to undertake full testing of every possibility myself.

Therefore it is you who must test your program and tell me if you find anything amiss.

Regards,

Pete

I am developing an application which currently uses FSUIPC 2.96.

Why such an old version? Before FSUIPC 3 was released the only supported version for about 5 months was 2.975.

Don't know why I've missed version 2.975 :oops:, so I've just installed it...

1. Users who register their copy of FSUIPC 3 can use your program in any version of FS. If they don't register then your program won't work without an access Key. Please see the announcements at the head of this Forum.

2. I have tried very hard to make sure that the interface provided for FS2004 is a superset of that provided for FS2002, just as I did for FS2002 before and FS2000 before that. However, I cannot test everything and there could be some differences depending on what your program uses. If there are differences I try to eradicate them as soon as I know, but I am dependent upon people like you telling me. There are just too many variables, many of which I don't even necessarily understand, for me to undertake full testing of every possibility myself.

Therefore it is you who must test your program and tell me if you find anything amiss.

OK, I'm going to test it... thanks for your help :)!