The simFlight Network Forums

Sync Pos

Pete:

I'm humming along setting up the controls for my Majestic Dash-8 300. I think you're already aware that axes 3 & 4 have to be used for the throttles and props. Is it possible to sync the position of just Prop pitch 3 & 4 without having the 1 or 2 axis assigned or calibrated? Every time I click on the Sync Pos button, a windows chime sounds and it doesn't appear to line up the controls when I go back into the cockpit.

I'm not sure if this makes a difference but the axes are on different quadrants. Also I changed the lower bound to -24000 in the .ini file to prevent the axis from cutting off the fuel (using the "reverser?" button for that... below the detent on a Saitek Pro Flight) but both axes have identical start and end points. And I have a center detent from -1280 to 1280.

Thanks in advance

-Ben

I'm humming along setting up the controls for my Majestic Dash-8 300. I think you're already aware that axes 3 & 4 have to be used for the throttles and props.

Er, sorry, no, I don't know. Do you mean it ignores Throttle1 and Throttle2 controls, and also Propitch1 and Propitch2? Why on Earth does it do that?

Is it possible to sync the position of just Prop pitch 3 & 4 without having the 1 or 2 axis assigned or calibrated?

No, it isn't designed that way.

I'm not sure if this makes a difference but the axes are on different quadrants.

No, that's irrelevant.

Also I changed the lower bound to -24000 in the .ini file to prevent the axis from cutting off the fuel (using the "reverser?" button for that..

That's a strange way of doing it. Why not simply switch on the "no reverse zone" option in the calibration tab? That's what it's for.

Regards

Pete

Er, sorry, no, I don't know. Do you mean it ignores Throttle1 and Throttle2 controls, and also Propitch1 and Propitch2? Why on Earth does it do that?

I don't have the exact information in front of me, but from what I remember "engines 1 and 2" were running in the simulation in some way, but the user controls were mapped to 3 and 4.

That's a strange way of doing it. Why not simply switch on the "no reverse zone" option in the calibration tab? That's what it's for.

From the Dash-8 forums I read:

FUEL OFF is a full FEATHER position of your CLs. Its -4096

The START/FEATHER is anything that is between -3850 and 0

If you switch on the "no reverse zone" option (0-16380), you basically get travel only between the min and max on the quadrant, losing the start/feather portion of the props. That's what it looked like to me anyway. By changing the .ini lower bound to -24000, that gives me an effective output of around -2800 to 16380 and allows me to set a detent around the min position at 0. If there's a more efficient/elegant way of doing this, I'm open to it.

Edited by airbtb33

I don't have the exact information in front of me, but from what I remember "engines 1 and 2" were running in the simulation in some way, but the user controls were mapped to 3 and 4.

Hmm. Sorry, I don't understand that.

FUEL OFF is a full FEATHER position of your CLs. Its -4096

The START/FEATHER is anything that is between -3850 and 0

Ah, so there are three zones, not the usual two. Hmmm.

If you switch on the "no reverse zone" option (0-16380), you basically get travel only between the min and max on the quadrant, losing the start/feather portion of the props.

But it's odd that 0 wouldn't give you Start/Feather, because that would be normal, and as you say " START/FEATHER is anything that is between -3850 and 0". it seems strange to exclude 0. Are you sure you calibrated the 0 poisition with enough range on the axis to be sure that 0 is always produced when you pull it back?

If there's a more efficient/elegant way of doing this, I'm open to it.

I can't think of anything different if 0 doesn't give you what you want. It just seems a little short-sighted in the aircraft design department.

Regards

Pete