The simFlight Network Forums

Transferring FSUIPC/FS to new PC

I'm in the process of completing the build of a new PC and finally have FS9 up and running. However, when I check FSUIPC it asks for the registration number. I've had the registered version for many years and the key is in the proper folder. Unfortunately, I've lost the key. Any way I can retrieve it or get another? And, by the way, I have moved since I originally purchased FSUIPC and my e-mail address has changed -- matter of fact, my original ISP is out of business so an e-mail to my old address will not go through.

Steve Lewis

Omaha, NE

I'm in the process of completing the build of a new PC and finally have FS9 up and running. However, when I check FSUIPC it asks for the registration number. I've had the registered version for many years and the key is in the proper folder. Unfortunately, I've lost the key.

Sorry, you contradict yourself. If the key is "in the proper folder" how can it be lost?

Any way I can retrieve it or get another?

If you didn't keep a note or backup the KEY file, as advised in the documentation, you can only retrieve it from your account at SimMarket.

And, by the way, I have moved since I originally purchased FSUIPC and my e-mail address has changed -- matter of fact, my original ISP is out of business so an e-mail to my old address will not go through

That's not relevant because it is the original name and email address you used when purchasing the registration which matters. That stays for life associated with that key.

Regards

Pete