The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC lib conflict with MSVCRT

Hi Pete!

Recently I started a MFC project with VC2010 FSUIPC lib linked.

When I tried to compile the Project, it turned out an error which said "LIPC.lib" is missing. I went to the forums and read some Threads about this problem.

Then I built another static lib project using the lib source files included in the SDK and replaced the original one with it in my MFC project.

At first my project was using dynamic link to MFC, everything was going right. But later when i switched into "static link to MFC", the following errors came out:

1>MSVCRT.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: __thiscall type_info::type_info(class type_info const &)" (??0type_info@@AAE@ABV0@@Z) already defined in libcmt.lib(typinfo.obj)
1>MSVCRT.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: class type_info & __thiscall type_info::operator=(class type_info const &)" (??4type_info@@AAEAAV0@ABV0@@Z) already defined in libcmt.lib(typinfo.obj)
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library

In addition, I am using UNICODE character set in my project.

Thank you very much for helping me !

sincerely

Johnson

Recently I started a MFC project with VC2010 FSUIPC lib linked.

When I tried to compile the Project, it turned out an error which said "LIPC.lib" is missing. I went to the forums and read some Threads about this problem.

Then I built another static lib project using the lib source files included in the SDK and replaced the original one with it in my MFC project.

At first my project was using dynamic link to MFC, everything was going right. But later when i switched into "static link to MFC", the following errors came out:

Sorry, I really know little about C++ ("thiscall"is associated with C++ classes I think?), and absolutely nothing at all about MFC. I am basically an Assembly or Machine language programmer by training and have studiously avoided getting so far from the machinery! ;-)

You have all the source code for the interface so you should be able to work out what is wrong. Don't forget it is C, not C++, though i expect you could change that readily enough. You could even build in the equivalent code directly into your program, not using a LIB connection, if you wished.

In addition, I am using UNICODE character set in my project.

FS does not, however, and so neither does FSUIPC, so in all strings being passed through you need to convert to and from an ASCII based character system.

Regards

Pete

You have all the source code for the interface so you should be able to work out what is wrong.

Yeah, Finally I found out a way to avoid that error just by excluding that MSVCRT lib in the project.

Still, thank you for your help!

Best regards

Johnson