The simFlight Network Forums

FlightSim Offsets

I know you have the FSUIPC4 Offsets Status.pdf available in the SDK.

Do you have a version that is comma or tab delimited so it can be imported into Excel? Or what you use to create the pdf?

I'm making plans to create a GoFlight-Lua scripter. I'm hoping to build a database for offsets and I'd like a list of all memory offsets used by FS. I've tried copy&paste from the pdf but I get keep getting strange results.

That is, if you're willing and able?

Thanks,

Joe

You posted a question as a new thread in the Download Links subforum, not the place for support. I moved it here for you.

Do you have a version that is comma or tab delimited so it can be imported into Excel? Or what you use to create the pdf?

No. It is a Word document. The nearest you'd get is to use FSInterrogate. I don't know what format the fsi files are, but i think there's an export facility. you could try that.

I'm making plans to create a GoFlight-Lua scripter. I'm hoping to build a database for offsets and I'd like a list of all memory offsets used by FS. I've tried copy&paste from the pdf but I get keep getting strange results.

What sort of strange results? What pdf viewer are you using? Some allow you to save an unprotected PDF as a text file -- Foxit PDF Reader has such a facility, for instance.

Regards

Pete

You posted a question as a new thread in the Download Links subforum, not the place for support. I moved it here for you.
I didn't really think of it as support, thanks.
No. It is a Word document. The nearest you'd get is to use FSInterrogate. I don't know what format the fsi files are, but i think there's an export facility. you could try that.
Yes, I'll give it a shot.
What sort of strange results? What pdf viewer are you using? Some allow you to save an unprotected PDF as a text file -- Foxit PDF Reader has such a facility, for instance.
I'm using Adobe Reader 10.1. I thought the pdf may have used a table to sort the info but the paste isn't copying the format. I'll give the Foxit a try.

Here's a demo...

Reserved for diagnostics

Ground altitude in Metres x 256. (see also offset 0B4C)

Ok-SimC

No

Zero terminated string giving the Start-Up situation or flight name, including the path (complete, or from the FS folder)

Ok-Intl

No

012C

The name of the current Log book—not available in FSX

No

No

The current flight Plan path & file name, in UNC format.

Ok-SimC

Ok-SimC

The nearest you'd get is to use FSInterrogate. I don't know what format the fsi files are, but i think there's an export facility. you could try that.

Got it! I had to highlight the list of Variables and then right-click "Copy Variable-Info to Scratchpad" Then I was able to copy & paste into a usable format.

You were right... as usual. :rolleyes:

Here's a demo...

That looks okay. You have the offset, the size, the description, the read status and write status, each on separate lines. To convert that to CSV you'd need to remove the new lines and replace them by commas.

I couldn't do anything better from Word. Whatever way you try, there's going to be a lot of work involved editing into a CSV format.

Well, no such luck.

I'm not sure what that message was about?

Got it! I had to highlight the list of Variables and then right-click "Copy Variable-Info to Scratchpad" Then I was able to copy & paste into a usable format.

Ah, so the FSInterrogate method came in useful?

Note that it's FSI files haven't been updated for quite some time. It won't have many of the more recent offsets listed, and still has errors which I try to correct now and then.

Regards

Pete

Note that it's FSI files haven't been updated for quite some time. It won't have many of the more recent offsets listed, and still has errors which I try to correct now and then.

FSI has a list of 1,603 offsets. It's a starting point.

You're latest version of the "FSUIPC4 Status of IPC Offsets for FSX" is 4.40. Even though FSUIPC is at 4.7, I'm figuring it's still a complete list. I wouldn't imagine anything else being added since FSX not in production anymore.

I'll spend time comparing my new list with what's in the doc.

You're latest version of the "FSUIPC4 Status of IPC Offsets for FSX" is 4.40. Even though FSUIPC is at 4.7

No! Why are you using such an out of date copy of the documentation? The 4.70 version was included in the FSUIPC SDK version released in April, at the same time as FSUIPC 4.70 itself. This applies to both the SDK in the main Schiratti "Dowson" page and the one in the Download Links subforum! The 4.40 version is not available anywhere that I know of. There was a 4.60 version, last year, well after the 4.40 and 4.50 versions. It is always updated at every major release.

The only changes in offsets since the 4.70 edition will be listed in the Notes on the subsequent updates, also in the Download Links subforum. THat's only 0334 to 0340, listed in item 24 there.

Regards

Pete

No! Why are you using such an out of date copy of the documentation?
Sorry about that... I Downloaded the latest FSUIPC_Documentation_Only but I guess I didn't copy it to my documentation folder in FS so I opened the wrong file... I'm up-to-date with 4.7
The only changes in offsets since the 4.70 edition will be listed in the Notes on the subsequent updates, also in the Download Links subforum. THat's only 0334 to 0340, listed in item 24 there.
Thanks so much!