The simFlight Network Forums

Goflight Mcp Pro via a network

Hi sir,,,i come on here and post in desperation,,,and i dont mean that to sound bad against you.

i have the goflight mcp pro...had it a few years now.

recently after changing systems to an i5 and win 7 the module is at the moment useless.

it locks up after a few turns of a dial,,,ive tried all the software versions.

ive posted numerous times on there forum,,,ive emailed goflight themselves.

ive tried an older usb 1.1 pci card with limited sucess.

what im asking here is in the hope that you have tinkered around with any goflight modules across a network.

see the module works ok on my old system which is now my client pc.

i have and use fsuipc and widefs...running radar contact and fscommander and alike so my network is set up ok.

a gent on the golfight forum put up a step by step guide to using goflight and widefs,,,from the widefs pdf i think...i sadly got no joy trying that

do u have any advise that may be usefull....or can it not be done.

thanks inadvance

Andy

recently after changing systems to an i5 and win 7 the module is at the moment useless.

it locks up after a few turns of a dial,,,ive tried all the software versions.

I assume you mean GoFlight software versions?

what im asking here is in the hope that you have tinkered around with any goflight modules across a network.

Not I, and I don't think GoFlight software is designed ot work across a network.

see the module works ok on my old system which is now my client pc.

What "module" are you talking about? The GoFlight MCP driver?

i have and use fsuipc and widefs...running radar contact and fscommander and alike so my network is set up ok.

a gent on the golfight forum put up a step by step guide to using goflight and widefs,,,from the widefs pdf i think...i sadly got no joy trying that

Sorry, you've lost me. What exactly did you "try" which gave you no joy?

Nothing i know of GoFlight's will drive an MCP over a Network. You can certainly program the buttons and switches in FSUIPC from a Networked GF device, but to handle the displays you'd either need to use the now unsupported GFDisplay program or a Lua plug-in for Wideclient. Since you mention nothing of any of this there is no way I can help further at present..

I'd really advise you to get it working on the main FS PC. If the software you were using before locks up on win 7 and didn't on an earlier system then there's something not installed correctly, or a hardware problem. There's certainly nothing in Win7 which should affect anything. You should try a different USB port in case the one you are using is faulty.

BTW I can't really support GoFlight hardware and drivers. If you eventually arrive at any specific questions about FSUIPC or WwideFS facilities perhaps I can be more constructive.

Regards

Pete

I assume you mean GoFlight software versions?

right 1st sorry its been a long morning at work,,,then computers and welll my head hurts LOL,,,,yeah i`d tried all goflight driver versions.

Not I, and I don't think GoFlight software is designed ot work across a network.

right thanks,,,,i only asked here after a post i made over at goflights forum,,,when i asked if using a goflight module over a network could be done,,the reply said "Also, the FSUIPC forum is very good. You will get your answer there.

"

What "module" are you talking about? The GoFlight MCP driver?

yep sorry i was always only asking about the goflight mcp pro

Sorry, you've lost me. What exactly did you "try" which gave you no joy?

i have 2 pc`s networked and the info from a post at goflight said it could be possible using widefs,,,and the poster game me some info,,,,files to copy over,,,sorry i never made it clear.

Nothing i know of GoFlight's will drive an MCP over a Network. You can certainly program the buttons and switches in FSUIPC from a Networked GF device, but to handle the displays you'd either need to use the now unsupported GFDisplay program or a Lua plug-in for Wideclient. Since you mention nothing of any of this there is no way I can help further at present..

right by saying nothing you know of,,,,answers my original post and its topic

I'd really advise you to get it working on the main FS PC. If the software you were using before locks up on win 7 and didn't on an earlier system then there's something not installed correctly, or a hardware problem. There's certainly nothing in Win7 which should affect anything. You should try a different USB port in case the one you are using is faulty.

thanks been trying for a week,,,,,the mcp pro worked great on fsx and a vista machine (core2duo),,,new machine is an i5,,,8 usb 2 ports and 2 usb 3 ports,,,ive tried ALL ports,,,deleting all ports and letting win 7 reinstall the drivers,,,,each of the goflight software installs ok,,admin rights are used,,,i have other goflight modules and these run great,,,BUT not the mcp pro,,,when i do a lot of searching i seem to be able to narrow it down to firmware and a chip on the mcp pro that somewere,,somehow is incompatable with newer usb ports,,,(my best guess having seen posts of ppl reverting back to pci cards with usb 1.1 on them)...like i said as far as i know all is installed as it should...but locks up and freezes soon after use.

when u connect the mcp a firmware number appears and mine is A22,,,this is an old version,,,and goflight are very quiet on any future fix,,,i have emailed them in a hope.

BTW I can't really support GoFlight hardware and drivers. If you eventually arrive at any specific questions about FSUIPC or WwideFS facilities perhaps I can be more constructive.

thanks again,,,,i know you are fsuipc,,,we have met at shows in by gone tears,,,,i asked here after being wrongly advised over the widefs possibility so i do appolgise.

thanks

Andy

i asked here after being wrongly advised over the widefs possibility so i do appolgise.

No need to apologise, and it isn't totally wrong advice. It is certainly possible to get an MCP Pro working over WideFS. But not with GoFlight drivers. All the buttons and switches are assignable, so you can program those in FSUIPC. The displays can be programmed for all default FS aircraft using either the now discontinued GFDisplay.exe (I actually supply a configuration for this in the package), or using a Lua plug-in -- and others have made suitable Lua plug-ins. For add-on aircraft the story varies. Folks are trying to sort it all out now for the PMDG 737NGX. There are others in the User Contributions subforum.

But all the solutions involve some effort and searching and probably configuring. There isn't one simple solution.

Regards

Pete

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Andy

I had exactly the same problems as you, I also purchased an old USB 1.1 card and this did not work, so I purchased another 1.1 card by a different manufacturer, this works a treat, however this was only after installing the latest bios for the motherboard.

Best of luck.

Happy new year all.

George

thanks george but i gave up,,,i got intouch with goflight,,,im in the the uk,,,there usa,,,,my unit is 3-4 years old,,,they said post it to them and theyd update it from A22 to A25 firmware,,,,it took about 4 weeks to arrive back and ever since using the pmdg,,,win 7 ,,,stevo38 files from the user section on here.,,,,and all is great

thanks

Andy