The simFlight Network Forums

erratic axis

I am a new user of a registered version of FSUIPC. I have printed instructions and am setting up FSUIPC to use with PMDG 737NGX. All is going well with designating buttons and axis's. Glitch seems to be that button selections and some axis selections seem to change or disappear as I am using FSX. Is there a competing config issue that I have missed? I think once I get this beat then FSUIPC will be a key additon to my FSX installation.

Mike Eppright

I am a new user of a registered version of FSUIPC. I have printed instructions and am setting up FSUIPC to use with PMDG 737NGX. All is going well with designating buttons and axis's. Glitch seems to be that button selections and some axis selections seem to change or disappear as I am using FSX. Is there a competing config issue that I have missed?

Sorry, I don't really know what you mean by "change or disappear". If you've made assignments in FSUIPC they are all saved in the FSUIPC4.INI file in your FSX Modules folder. If you've made them Profile or Aircraft dependent (which you'd probably have to for PMDG as their aircraft are so different) then they will change when you load different aircraft.

The PMDG NGX has lots of assignments of its own, and if you are assigning keypresses you will probably need to take care as it steals several.

As a newcomer to FSUIPC you probably ought to try things out with a default or at least more straight-forward aircraft first.

Please also see the User Contributions subforum here, where many folks are helping each other with the more complex aircraft.

Regards

Pete

Thanks, I'll try that.

Mike

Sorry, I don't really know what you mean by "change or disappear". If you've made assignments in FSUIPC they are all saved in the FSUIPC4.INI file in your FSX Modules folder. If you've made them Profile or Aircraft dependent (which you'd probably have to for PMDG as their aircraft are so different) then they will change when you load different aircraft.

The PMDG NGX has lots of assignments of its own, and if you are assigning keypresses you will probably need to take care as it steals several.

As a newcomer to FSUIPC you probably ought to try things out with a default or at least more straight-forward aircraft first.

Please also see the User Contributions subforum here, where many folks are helping each other with the more complex aircraft.

Regards

Pete