The simFlight Network Forums

FS9 Start sequendce jet engine

Hello

In my cockpit I am using a VB6 (server) program to interface my buttons and lights with FSUIPC. Latest version for FS9. Aircraft is standard 737.

When starting the jet engine 1 I send a 1 to offset 0892 and the engine starts revving up. At > 20% N2 I set the fuel mixture offset 0890 to 16384.

The jet won't fire however. When setting the starter switch from 1 to 2 the engine slowly drops in rpm and stops.

Do I miss something here ?

What is the procedure that is used for the Engine_auto_start function in FSUIPC ?

Kind regards

Klaas Jelle Bakker

In my cockpit I am using a VB6 (server) program to interface my buttons and lights with FSUIPC. Latest version for FS9. Aircraft is standard 737.

When starting the jet engine 1 I send a 1 to offset 0892 and the engine starts revving up. At > 20% N2 I set the fuel mixture offset 0890 to 16384.

The jet won't fire however. When setting the starter switch from 1 to 2 the engine slowly drops in rpm and stops.

Sounds like you have got something wrong. That sequence works fine here. Try it with FSInterrogate.

Maybe you are changing the starter switch too quickly, so closing the valve before the engine is truly running? Don't change the starter from 1 to 2 until the combustion flag (0894) is set, and N1% reaches 20%. On the real 737 that's when the starter switches reset to OFF and you engage the generators.

Otherwise, use the FSUIPC logging facilities to check what you are writing, and the Monitor facilities to check the offset values.

What is the procedure that is used for the Engine_auto_start function in FSUIPC ?

That's pretty much all-encompassing, and tries to cope with all aircraft types so cannot rely specifically on N1 and N2 readouts. For jets it does:

battery on (281C)

avionics on (2E80),

tank select (3880)

correct pump on (3125),

starter to 1 (GND),

wait n Secs (about 10 for jets -- not realistic but okay with FS9 defaults),

mixture full rich,

wait for combustion flag but at least 10secs

starter to 2 (GEN)

generator on (3B78)

Pete