The simFlight Network Forums

Latest FSUIPC works with P3D 1.2 ?

Hello, I installed P3D 1.2, and dowload latest FUIPC, but when installing FSUIPC, it gives error as " this version of P3D not known by FSUIPC " ...and of course there is no modules folder in P3D.

I'm not surprised. What did you expect? John Nicol notified me late Friday that 1.2 was available for download, and I've been trying to download it ever since. Despite my broadband connection being certainly capable of at least 512 KBytes/sec, the maximum I get from their site is 120! I've got part 1, part 2 has almost finished (the downloads from there keep stopping and overnight, when I am not at hand to resume them, they just sit doing nothing). I am trying to get part 3 at present.

I don't know when i'll get it installed -- hopefully in the next few days -- but after that there could be anything from one to two week's work involved in hacking into the code and making the relevant changes. It isnt easy. I have to re-find all the hooks i found before.

With FS updates I used to have several months, but unlike with the Microsoft simulators I am not on any "Beta" team with L-M so I don't get anything before you do.

I have go a lot on these next two weeks or so, then I'm on holiday. It may well be November before I have a revised FSUIPC. That's probably pessimistic, but possibly not totally unrealistic.

Regards

Pete

I'm not surprised. What did you expect? John Nicol notified me late Friday that 1.2 was available for download, and I've been trying to download it ever since. Despite my broadband connection being certainly capable of at least 512 KBytes/sec, the maximum I get from their site is 120! I've got part 1, part 2 has almost finished (the downloads from there keep stopping and overnight, when I am not at hand to resume them, they just sit doing nothing). I am trying to get part 3 at present.

I don't know when i'll get it installed -- hopefully in the next few days -- but after that there could be anything from one to two week's work involved in hacking into the code and making the relevant changes. It isnt easy. I have to re-find all the hooks i found before.

With FS updates I used to have several months, but unlike with the Microsoft simulators I am not on any "Beta" team with L-M so I don't get anything before you do.

I have go a lot on these next two weeks or so, then I'm on holiday. It may well be November before I have a revised FSUIPC. That's probably pessimistic, but possibly not totally unrealistic.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete. Agree 1.2 was early then everyone expect. Also you should call yourself lucky for 120kb/s dowload, some people had only 40kb/s... Regards