The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Conditional Axis Ranges/Split Range

Hi everybody,

I've been fiddling with the spoiler lever on a 737 for a while, trying to combine the arm/disarm switch with the position lever. I basically created the following:

- two equal short ranges at the very top (16384-16000), one of them switching off the spoilers, the other one disarming them.

- one short range adjacent to that (16000-13840) arming the autospoiler

- the entire lever (which is defined as the spoiler axis from -16383-13700)

The problem is that the autospoiler does not extend on touchdown, as obviously the lever is quite close to the retracted position when in the 'armed' range. If, however, I insert something like *0.9,-2560 to block the upper part of the range, the arm and disarm ranges end up being deactivated as well.

Anyone any ideas for ways around this?

Cheers,

Stefan

I've been fiddling with the spoiler lever on a 737 for a while, trying to combine the arm/disarm switch with the position lever. I basically created the following:

- two equal short ranges at the very top (16384-16000), one of them switching off the spoilers, the other one disarming them.

- one short range adjacent to that (16000-13840) arming the autospoiler

- the entire lever (which is defined as the spoiler axis from -16383-13700)

You have something backwards there. The OUT values needed for spoiler arm are at the low end. Why not use the detente facilities provided for this?

The spoiler control values are as described here, extracted from my Offsets documentation:

[

Spoilers control, 0 off, 4800 arm, then 5620 (7%) to 16383 (100% fully deployed). The 4800 value is set by arming. Values from 0 to somewhere close to, but below, 4800 do nothing. The percentage extension is the proportion of the distance in the range 4800 to 16383, even though values 4800 to 5619 cannot be used—7% seems to be the minimum

The problem is that the autospoiler does not extend on touchdown, as obviously the lever is quite close to the retracted position when in the 'armed' range. If, however, I insert something like *0.9,-2560 to block the upper part of the range, the arm and disarm ranges end up being deactivated as well.

Sorry, you've lost me there. I've no idea what you are doing really.

What is wrong with calibrating it with the arm detente ("centre") as intended? Please read this part of the FSUIPC user guide:

The Spoiler (speed brake) control is a little special. It has no “centre” as such, but the facilities for setting a centre in FSUIPC4 are used to calibrate a zone on your lever in which the spoiler should be “armed”. You don’t need to do this, it is options: if the two centre calibration values are the same (i.e. there is no centre “zone”), then there is no arming action taken by FSUIPC4. If, however, you do calibrate with a centre zone, then the values from “minimum” (the left most value), or lower, up to the lowest of the Centre values will all select spoilers down (i.e. parked). The centre zone will arm the spoilers, and the range from the higher of the two centre values up to the maximum (the right-most value) will actually operate the full range from 0% to 100% deployed.

BTW it would help with questions like this if you'd at least state the version of FS you are talking about. The version of FSUIPC would help too usually.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for the quick reply. Point taken, there isn't much ancillary information there :-/, it's FSUIPC 3.99 on FS9.1.

For some reason the classic spoiler lever config didn't arm the spoilers the way it's meant to. But I might've had the detente set too to short a range. I'll try again and report back.

Just to explain the second bit there again: The way I configured the lever to get around my problem, the entire range is assigned to the spoiler axis. So even though the lever is in the 'armed' range, it is also in the 'spoilers up' position on the axis.

Cheers,

Stefan