The simFlight Network Forums

WideFs configuration setup

Hello

I have currently 3 monitors for forward view and 2 monitors for PlanG ,gauges, ASE,etc.

If I go to fullscreen I lose the two monitors, blacked out.

With WideFS are the two monitors connected direct to the client PC or am I viewing the two monitors through the network.

That might be a strange question to you Guru's but I am hoping to still have control of the two monitors from the main PC for other projects.

Windows 7 64 bit

FSX

3-EVGA 460 GTX Cards

Thank you

Garry

I have currently 3 monitors for forward view and 2 monitors for PlanG ,gauges, ASE,etc.

If I go to fullscreen I lose the two monitors, blacked out.

This is with FSX i assume? I get the same. I don't think full screen mode works very well with FSX multi-screen mode.

With WideFS are the two monitors connected direct to the client PC or am I viewing the two monitors through the network.

WideFS has nothing at all to do with screens. It is a network extension to different PCs for FSUIPC applications. Maybe you are thinking of "WidevieW" which is a totally different product by a different author?

That might be a strange question to you Guru's but I am hoping to still have control of the two monitors from the main PC for other projects.

Sorry, you've lost me. if you have two PCs you can put your screens on whichever you like. Only the PC to which your screens are attached have any control over them.

Pete

Thanx for the reply Pete

Pete I have 3 monitors setup up with Nvidia (Nvidia spans the view for the 3 screens no problem), I also have 2 other monitors that are seperate from the 3 widescreen views.

In FSX and Windows 7 when you switch to fullscreen (ALT-ENTER) windows will take control of all the monitors and turn the two monitors black ,the 3 screens still will work fine.

Windows just does this as soon as you switch to fullscreen no matter how many monitors you have.

I guess my question is does your program allow you to operate programs outside of FSX and if it does would windows still turn those two monitors black when running in fullscreen.

I understand another PC is required to run WideFS ,does that PC have monitors connected to it or is what you are viewing done from within the network.

sorry the long winded paragraph

Garry

I guess my question is does your program allow you to operate programs outside of FSX

Yes, on another PC across a Network -- but only programs designed to use FSUIPC to interface to FSX, and which don't mind running on a separate PC.

and if it does would windows still turn those two monitors black when running in fullscreen.

Since wideFS has nothing whatsoever to do with what FSX or Windows is doing with monitors, it will make absolutely no difference. WideFs does NOT have anything to do with monitors as I already told you.

I understand another PC is required to run WideFS ,does that PC have monitors connected to it or is what you are viewing done from within the network.

WideFs does not provide you anything to view, but there is no point in having a PC on your network with no monitor on it. How would you use it, what is it for?

I still believe you have a confused notion of what WideFS is. The only program i know wihch provides extended FS views across a Network is WidevieW, and that needs a full copy of FSX on each of the PCs.

Pete

Hello Pete

I completely understand what WideFS is for ,I was curious on the one thing which you have kindly answered, more of a networking question it was.

Sorry about the question format it was a bit confusing .

Thank you for your support and for the registered FSUIPC which I have been using for years.

You have made flight simming more enjoyable.

Thank you and have a great day

Garry

Edited by zinny