The simFlight Network Forums

LOCATING FSUIPC4

I bought FSU last night and typed in registration numbers into the FSU software I downloaded a few weeks ago. Where is it? I want to do a profile that will work on the FSX Gold AC, those original to FSX and the new ones I am adding. I am a FNG and need some advice, Many thanks, John

I bought FSU last night and typed in registration numbers into the FSU software I downloaded a few weeks ago. Where is it?

Sorry, what do you mean, "where is it?" I assume by "FSU" you really mean "FSUIPC"?

Have you checked the documentation? Did you look at the Installation and Registration guide which was included in the ZIP file you downloaded? It tells you what it is installing and where it is!

I want to do a profile that will work on the FSX Gold AC, those original to FSX and the new ones I am adding.

So why do you want to know "where it is"? Use the facilities presented to you in FS, via the options dialogues.

I am a FNG and need some advice, Many thanks, John

Sorry, I've no idea what an "FNG" is. But have you tried using the documentation supplied at all? That's the first step. I can answer specific questions but I'm sorry, I am not going to repeat the whole manual here!

Regards

Pete

I was looking for the software on my desktop as an icon or in FSX. I do have the documentation and will go to my C drive and check it out. I just assumed it would be a DL to be activated on desktop or FSX. I am 75 years old and new to flight sim. I am a history buff and have been flying ROF and CoD to enhance my experience of the histories I read. Flying the AC of the past to feel what the pilots of the war era went through is my goal. I had one free flight lesson in 1967 and bought a sail boat as I never wanted anyone dependent upon my reflexes to be at risk. I have no real interest in GA, at least not yet. I want to do a profile for my Saitek x52Pro that would cover all the AC in FSX, my goal in buying your software..I used FSU as an abbreviation and FNG mean "New Guy". Thanks, John

UNZIPPING THE fsuipc4:

747 OHD.MCRO

APCHART.MCRO

ZIP ICON FSUIPC4.ZIP

INSTALL FSUIPC4.EXE

PDF iNSTALLING AND REGISTERING

READ.ME whcih will not open.

There is not instruction literature in this DL..I will go to "SEARCH", using WIN7 64 bit and look for it. Many thanks, John

I was looking for the software on my desktop as an icon or in FSX.

It is in FSX, in the Add-Ons menu, as documented.

I do have the documentation and will go to my C drive and check it out. I just assumed it would be a DL to be activated on desktop or FSX.

You said you'd already activated it -- you said you'd entered the Registration details, remember? That means you ran the Installer, so that's all done and dusted now.

I am 75 years old and new to flight sim.

I'm 68 but new to lots of other things!

I am a history buff and have been flying ROF and CoD to enhance my experience of the histories I read.

Sorry. You seem to use lots of TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms) assuming I know them, but i don't. So far that's FSU (I guessed FSUIPC), FNG (still no idea) and now ROF and CoD? I thought "CoD" meant "Cash on Delivery". No idea about "ROF", usually means "Rolls On Floor" as in "ROFL" ("Rolls on floor, laughing").

... and FNG mean "New Guy".

That would be "NG". What about the "F" or is that unprintable? You use it as if it is generally used, but I've not seen it before.

On your later message:

UNZIPPING THE fsuipc4:

747 OHD.MCRO

APCHART.MCRO

ZIP ICON FSUIPC4.ZIP

INSTALL FSUIPC4.EXE

PDF iNSTALLING AND REGISTERING

READ.ME whcih will not open.

There is not instruction literature in this DL.

What do you think the PDF "iNSTALLING AND REGISTERING" document is, then? That's your starting point. All the documentation, as for almost 100% of products, is supplied in the universally accepted PDF format, readable on every PC using the free Adobe PDF reader. There is no other free universal format! How have you got by with a PC without ever reading a PDF?

:-(

There are only 4 items in the official current FSUIPC4.ZIP file -

747 OHD.MCRO

APCHART.MCRO

INSTALL FSUIPC4.EXE

INSTALLING AND REGISTERING FSUIPC4.PDF

Seems like you are getting two separate ZIPs mixed up, or you've not downloaded the correct package.

Pete

ROF= is "Rise of Flight", the WW1 simulation based in part upon the many great memoires left to us by the great pilots of the RFC (Royal Flying Corps) now the RAF (Royal Air Force). Look up "Winged Vistory" and "Sagittarious Rising"

Cof D= "Cliffs of Dover" the BoB (Battle of Britain) simulation. Read "The Most Dangerous Enemy"

FSX Gold will give me access to AC (Air Craft) that I would like to experience not available on Game/Simulations, i.e. F9F Panther, SBD Devastator, Avenger, Me 108 Taifun..I would like to have a profile that would suit all and bought your FSUIPC4 to that end.

I will look around for the PDF Instructions and RTFM (Read the Manual)

Many THanks, John