The simFlight Network Forums

WILCO AIRBUSEs THRUST DETENTES

Hi Pete,

I’m a French A320 home cockpit builder and before all I would say that we are very lucky about your interface FSUIPC. Without you we are not able to do that .

So thank you very much and “ chapeau l ‘artiste “

I use WILCO airbuses , a registred FSUIPC version 3.991,and FS2004. I interface the hardware whith IOCARDs drived by SIOC programation.

By the way, two other great men in this world :.Eric Marciano about The AIRBUSES, and Manuel Velez about IOCARD .

Now my problem.

As you know airbuses thrust levers needed some mecanicals détentes IDLE,CL,FLEX,TOGA.

To solve it , I began to do this :

Axis Assignment tab,

I assigned axis engine1 lever as : Axis Throttle Set via Send to FS as normal axis

Joystick calibration tab

-Page 1, I set and calibrate Throttle -16383 (IDLE) to + 16383 (TOGA)

-I synchronise my hardware detent CL,FLX,TOGA by setting -7 in window : response curve slope

Of course, in this case Engine1 and 2 are both controlled by the engine1 lever

It has been very easy to adjust the response curve to my hardware détentes and every things worked fine !

After of course I wished to control engine 1 and 2 separately and at this point, I got a problem .

I read carefully the topic of condor489 member , and I understand very well the particular throttle problem whith WILCO airbuses product.

So I add in FSUIPC.ini the line

UseAxisControlsForNRZ=Yes

Axis Assignment tab,

I assigned axis engine 1 lever as: Axis Throttle1 Set via Send to FS as normal axis

I assigned axis engine 2 lever as: Axis Throttle2 Set via Send to FS as normal axis

Joystick calibration tab

-I checked boxes No reverse Zone and ECLUDE THROTTLEn SET

-Page 3, I set and calibrate Throttle1: -16383 (IDLE) to + 16383 (TOGA)

I set and calibrate Throttle2: -16383 (IDLE) to + 16383 (TOGA)

After, I checked if both engines have a separated thrust control . No problem !

But the issue began when I wish to set the response curve of detents CL,FLX,TOGA in front of mechanical notches positions

As you know page 3 , the response curve is different from the calibration page 1.

The curve page 3 is modified only from 0 to +16383 and still stay linear from -16383 to 0.

post-23034-0-60664500-1319034222_thumb.j

So, in any case I’m not able to adjust my hardware to the preset WILCO software détentes !!!

In fact the line : UseAxisControlsForNRZ=Yes added in FSUIPC.ini, fixes the range issue .

In this case, It should be nice if you ‘ll offer us, to adjust full range slope like joystick calibration page 1 .

Pete, is it possible to fix this problem ? ( or any ideas ? )

Have a nice day

Francis,

Edited by wehrufr

I use WILCO airbuses , a registred FSUIPC version 3.991

As you know page 3 , the response curve is different from the calibration page 1.

The curve page 3 is modified only from 0 to +16383 and still stay linear from -16383 to 0.

Pete, is it possible to fix this problem ? ( or any ideas ? )

i think this was discovered and fixed some months ago. Please check with the latest update -- see the Download Links subforum.

Pete

i think this was discovered and fixed some months ago. Please check with the latest update -- see the Download Links subforum.

Pete

Thank you very much Pete.

After this updade FSUIPC is 3.998f

It seems to work fine. (The graphic curve is the same than before but the effect seems to work like page 1)

Have a nice day

Francis