The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC mouse macros on a new aircraft model

Hi,

I have a fully registered copy of FSUIPC and previously was using it on my Wilco Airbus A319 home cockpit, I was using the excellent mouse trapping techniques (Macros) to capture controls and then able to assign them to push buttons and rotary switches etc. that I had setup on various Leo Bodnar BU0836X USB cards and it worked wonders :)

My problem is that now I am planning on building a fighter cockpit (the A319 is slightly too big for my spare room lol!) so I have dismantled the A319 and now plan on building a F22 Raptor (using the IRIS F22 Raptor) but I have noticed that the FSUIPC mouse macro's fail to recognise any of the VC controls :( - I know that this feature only works if the model developer used a particular method of programming and its not guaranteed to work anyway (I've read the FSUIPC manual lol) but I know that I may be wasting your time asking you to reply but I'm just hoping that maybe someone has a work-around? unsure.gif. It looks as if the panels use XML configuration (it would appear).

I've just seen another thread on the forums about LINDA so I'm hoping that maybe that can achieve such a task :)

I'd be so grateful for any help or advice.. Failing that I guess I'll just have to find a quality aircraft model (realisitc) and that works with the FSUIPC macro's (Pete you are a genius... I love the mouse macros feature! :))

Regards,

Bobby Allen

It looks as if the panels use XML configuration (it would appear).

Possibly, then, it uses local panel variables ("L:Vars") which can be written to via macros and read and written by Lua plug-ins. there are plenty of examples of using these in the User Contributions subforum.

I've just seen another thread on the forums about LINDA so I'm hoping that maybe that can achieve such a task smile.gif

Maybe. I think it is capable of using mouse macros and L:Vars as needed. Check with the authors on that. There's a pinned thread on LINDA at the top of this Forum.

Regards

Pete