The simFlight Network Forums

uninstall FSUIPC

Unfortunately I had to uninstall a recently purchased/registered version of FSUIPC because I could not figure out how to correct over sensitive steering and uncontrollable veering of aircraft in FSX. I followed instructions for uninstalling the program and recalibrated my joystick and returned all settings in FSX to what they were prior to installing FSUIPC (including removing the line "stick sensitivity_mode=0" in the fsx.cfg file). When I start FSX I now have the issue of uncontrollable steering without FSUIPC installed. Prior to installing FSUIPC I did not experience this issue.

Can anyone help with figuring out how to fix this problem?

Pete

Unfortunately I had to uninstall a recently purchased/registered version of FSUIPC because I could not figure out how to correct over sensitive steering and uncontrollable veering of aircraft in FSX.

What has "uninstalling FSUIPC" got to do with steering and veering? FSUIPC only does what you ask. Ask you need to do if you made a hash of your settings is delete the INI file which contains all of the settings you made, including the bad ones.

I followed instructions for uninstalling the program and recalibrated my joystick and returned all settings in FSX to what they were prior to installing FSUIPC (including removing the line "stick sensitivity_mode=0" in the fsx.cfg file). When I start FSX I now have the issue of uncontrollable steering without FSUIPC installed. Prior to installing FSUIPC I did not experience this issue.

Since FSUIPC only ever does things when installed and running AND when told to by settings you yourself actually make, and, further, since all the settings are contained within the INI file and NEVER distributed anywhere else in your computer system, this all simply proves that your problems were nothing whatsoever to do with FSUIPC in the first place.

Sorry, you'll need to look elsewhere. You've messed something up somewhere else. I could have helped answer questions about what you might have done wrong in FSUIPC settings had you been actually using them and still had the INI file, but as it is you are not (and probably were not ever) using FSUIPC to help with your controls, there's no way that can happen now.

Regards

Pete

The settings I applied (axis and joystick) in FSUIPC worked fine except for tiller steering. Why I couldn't figure out what was wrong indicates a product problem, not a user problem. I read the manual, looked for solutions from other FSUIPC users on the internet, etc. What I found were complaints about the sensitivity of tiller steering in FSX when using FSUIPC. Why is this an issue with this product? I uninstalled FSUIPC because I couldn't resolve the tiller steering problem, and quite frankly don't want to spend days trying to fix it.

The settings I applied (axis and joystick) in FSUIPC worked fine except for tiller steering. Why I couldn't figure out what was wrong indicates a product problem, not a user problem. I read the manual, looked for solutions from other FSUIPC users on the internet, etc. What I found were complaints about the sensitivity of tiller steering in FSX when using FSUIPC. Why is this an issue with this product? I uninstalled FSUIPC because I couldn't resolve the tiller steering problem, and quite frankly don't want to spend days trying to fix it.

Fine, well done indeed.! And all this without even bothering to ask me anything! For your information FSUIPC has no effect on any axis sensitivities whatsoever. Sensitivity is a matter for Aircraft CFG files and the like. Axes simply provide numbers to be applied to controls, and all of those are either passed through untouched or subject to calibration to suite the user and aircraft.

Carry on flying happily, but don't come here blaming FSUIPC for your woes now you are without it.. That is simply wrong.

Pete

I recently purchased FSPS dolby cockpit sounds and purchased FSUIPC9 (registered) to make it work. I suddenly have had a rash of engines shutting down automatically on every flight and every model plane I use. Sometimes after 5 min. and sometimes 20 min into the flight. I uninstalled cockpit sounds, but have not yet uninstalled FSUIPC. Engine out is still ocurring. Before doing so I would like to know if I can get some help or insight as to what may be causing this. I have made no other changes or installs before installing these two programs.

Thanks for any help.

I recently purchased FSPS dolby cockpit sounds and purchased FSUIPC9 (registered) to make it work. I suddenly have had a rash of engines shutting down automatically on every flight and every model plane I use. Sometimes after 5 min. and sometimes 20 min into the flight. I uninstalled cockpit sounds, but have not yet uninstalled FSUIPC. Engine out is still ocurring. Before doing so I would like to know if I can get some help or insight as to what may be causing this. I have made no other changes or installs before installing these two programs.

There's never been any "FSUIPC9" -- we are only up to FSUIPC4 which is for FSX, ESP and Prepar3D. FSUIPC3 is for all older versions of FS. There is no way anything is FSUIPC itself can do what you describe. If it only occurs with FSUIPC then it is either due to settings you've made incorrectly or unwisely (in which case just delete the INI file to remove all of your settings), or due to some third party application which is using FSUIPC.

I cannot offer any other advice since you provide no useful information -- not even the version of FS itself or FSUIPC.

Regards

Pete

Sorry, my mistake about typing in the "9". I am using FSUIPC4. To clarify, I am using FSX and purchased FSUIPC 4.70(B). Just purchased cockpit sounds and FSUIPC 4 installed them and made no changes to any settings. I wouldn't know how. If the settings you are referring to are those of cockpit sounds then maybe this may be true. Not sure how I could have set them unwisely. It seems like a pretty easy interface. I'll do as you suggested about the INI file. Is this found in the modules foler? Thanks

Sorry, my mistake about typing in the "9". I am using FSUIPC4. To clarify, I am using FSX and purchased FSUIPC 4.70(B). Just purchased cockpit sounds and FSUIPC 4 installed them and made no changes to any settings. I wouldn't know how.

Why have you purchased FSUIPC4 then? You only need to do that if you want to use its facilities, and since you seem uninterested in those I think you've wasted your money. As for "knowing how", have you not heard of documentation? That's why there's a user guide! ;-)

Also, you don't "purchase FSUIPC 4.70" but "FSUIPC4". The current version is 4.742 and there's a 4.743 update available in the Download Links subforum.

And with regards to your problem, I repeat, if you are not using FSUIPC for anything, it will not doing anything. You need to look elsewhere.

\I'll do as you suggested about the INI file. Is this found in the modules foler?

Yes, but if you are not using FSUIPC for anything it will make no difference. Another default INI file which also does nothing will be created.

Regards

Pete

Okay, yes I do have the 4.724 version. I'm sorry. I'm new at this and previously had no idea what FSUIPC even was? Alot of people don't. I only purchased it because when I purchased cockpit sounds it said it required it. I went to schiratti.com and saw FSUIPC 4.70 (B) and thought that is what I purchased given there were no other version for FSX visible at that page. Just to clarify......I do not need this for cockpit sounds to work?

OOps. one more question. When I upgrade to 4.743 do I copy and replace the modules or copy and keep both modules when asked, assuming I need FSUIPC for cockpit sounds.

Replace. There can only be one copy called "FSUIPC4.DLL", and when Windows "keeps" a copy it renames it (with "- copy" for example). Only FSUIPC4.DLL will be loaded.

I'm afraid I don't know if your "cockpit sounds" add-on uses FSUIPC -- it should say if it does.

Regards

Pete

• 4 months later...

Why have you purchased FSUIPC4 then? You only need to do that if you want to use its facilities, and since you seem uninterested in those I think you've wasted your money. As for "knowing how", have you not heard of documentation? That's why there's a user guide! ;-)

Also, you don't "purchase FSUIPC 4.70" but "FSUIPC4". The current version is 4.742 and there's a 4.743 update available in the Download Links subforum.

And with regards to your problem, I repeat, if you are not using FSUIPC for anything, it will not doing anything. You need to look elsewhere.

Yes, but if you are not using FSUIPC for anything it will make no difference. Another default INI file which also does nothing will be created.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete, as a long time "simmer" I have read about your products and without really knowing what exactly they do, I am sure it brings a lot to all of us. I therefore after reading lots of praises decided to go and by the registered version of FSUIPC 4 (4.? 3.?... the latest)...

Thanks for that. Nonetheless since I installed it and registered my yoke (Saitek Yoke Pro system with quadrant) has gone bonkers (way too sensitive). It's not your fault, nor FSUIPC's fault. Probably I did something wrong.

The problem Pete is that you are letting your success get to you with your borderline CRUEL responses. Why can't you either answer a question people have or just ignore it? Why such an arogant attitude? This is ridiculous. I paid for something, look on the forums for help and every message from you is so mean to the people who purchased your software.

If it were free, then it wouldn't be okay, but you could do what you want, but it's not, so either help people or frankly just ignore them. You really lack humility.

You are good at what you do, but some of us are also good at what you do. If ever you want me to invest some of that fortune you are making on the registered version of FSUIPC, please let me know, and I will give you good investment tips, and I promise you that I will not belittle you for not knowing anything in investements. I wish you would do the same.

Come back to earth. This is a software that's all. A great one maybe, but you don't save lives...

decided to go and by the registered version of FSUIPC 4 (4.? 3.?... the latest)...

The latest and supported version is 4.8.

Come back to earth. This is a software that's all. A great one maybe, but you don't save lives...

I've no idea what i did to you to make you so abusive, but I suggest you exercise your own advice next time you pay a visit, or just not bother. You obviously don't look at many of my responses or else you'd see that not only do I try to be as helpful as i can, in a constructive way if possible, but I regularly add new facilities and make changes on individual requests. Go find another product with as good support. I also support non-registered users just as much, and you can't say that about many others -- you can't get into many of the Support forums until you buy their product!

Pete