The simFlight Network Forums

NAV1/GPS (toggle)

In FSX control menu, there is an autopilot command called NAV1/GPS (toggle) with a key assignment of CTRL +SHIFT + N.

In FSUIPC, although I can cause it to send this keystroke and it in fact does toggle between GPS and NAV, my question is this: Is this command found in the FSX control list? If so, what is it?

I don't see any command that looks like NAV/GPS toggle.

Thanks,

tippy

In FSUIPC, although I can cause it to send this keystroke and it in fact does toggle between GPS and NAV, my question is this: Is this command found in the FSX control list? If so, what is it?

I don't see any command that looks like NAV/GPS toggle.

Almost all FS keystrokes instigate FS controls -- there are exceptions when the control is local to a gauge and doesn't need sending through the system.

The quickest way yo find out what they are called (and some of the names certainly aren't obvious) is to enable Event logging in FSUIPC's options, operate the control, then look in the Log file -- found in the FSX modules folder. Doing that with this switch shows it is "TOGGLE GPS DRIVES NAV1", number 66375.

If you (temporarily maybe) run FSX in windowed mode you can enable FSUIPC4's console log and see events logged in real time.

Regards

Pete

Almost all FS keystrokes instigate FS controls -- there are exceptions when the control is local to a gauge and doesn't need sending through the system.

The quickest way yo find out what they are called (and some of the names certainly aren't obvious) is to enable Event logging in FSUIPC's options, operate the control, then look in the Log file -- found in the FSX modules folder. Doing that with this switch shows it is "TOGGLE GPS DRIVES NAV1", number 66375.

If you (temporarily maybe) run FSX in windowed mode you can enable FSUIPC4's console log and see events logged in real time.

Regards

Pete

Thanks. That's exactly what I needed. Got a switch set to an FS control instead of via keystroke. Works great. The logging console is a great tool.

Thanks for the help! tippy