The simFlight Network Forums

widefs questions and a fsuipc4 simjple trick

Hi Pete,

You answered some questions for me some time ago about getting two or three functions

to work with one keypress. I think I'm pretty intelligent but code makes me a little dizzy, perhaps because I never

learnt it. So I'd like to share something that I stumbled upon by accident. If it's common knowledge I 'm sorry for

reposting it. In the main fsuipc4 menu I used a mouse macro and assigned it to a button. lets say .... lower icas on lvld767 to A4, then I assigned a mouse macro to lvld set speed bugs and also assigned that to A4. Now

both macros come on with A4. Hope it helps someone. Now to my current questions.

I have registered versions of fsuipc4 and widefs7. When I load fsx I get the message over the top menu bar "fsx with wideserver looking for clients.. When I go on my laptop connected via tcp and router link up the menu says 1 connected. Wideclient says connected. The wideclient page is completely empty inside. Thats good so far right ?

Anyway I'm trying to run squawkbox4 from the laptop and its asking for the fsx exe on the laptop. I dont think its seeing wideclient at ball. Fsmap also does not work.

You must get tired of answering the same questions over and over but am I doing something wrong. They are on the same " NYS FSX " workgroup and can ping each other with no probs. I tried putting run1=and the path to the fsmap.exe

but that did not work. Can you help please ? I will try to send the server ini and log files from my desktop after this.

Thank You Pete

WIDECLIENT.INI

ServerName=michael-pc

Protocol=TCP

[Config]

Port=8002

Window=-8,-8,1616,886

Visible=Yes

ButtonScanInterval=20

ClassInstance=0

NetworkTiming=5,1

MailslotTiming=2000,1000

PollInterval=2000

Port2=9002

ResponseTime=18

ApplicationDelay=0

TCPcoalesce=No

WaitForNewData=500

MaxSendQ=100

OnMaxSendQ=Log

NewSendScanTime=50

Priority=3,1,2

RUN1=C:\NYSUS LAPTOP\WIDECLIENT\FSMAP\FSMAP.EXE

; -----------------------------------------------

[user]

Log=Errors+

[buttonScreen]

Size=4,5

0=T"Pause"

1=T"Slew"

2=B"Clear\rWeather"

3=B"Toggle\rTraffic"

4=B"Refresh\rScenery"

5=Ba"ESCape"

6=Bt"Cursor\rUp"

7=Ba"Home"

8=B"Reload\rAircraft"

9=Bl"Cursor\rLeft"

10=B"Stop/Clr\r(Num 5)"

11=Br"Cursor\rRight"

12=B"Restart\rFlight"

13=Ba"ALT\r(to get to\rFS menus)"

14=Bb"Cursor\rDown"

15=Ba"End"

16=B"Return"

17=B"Space\rBar"

; ===============================================

[sounds]

Path=C:\NYSUS LAPTOP\WIDECLIENT\Sound\

Device1=Primary Sound Driver

Device2=Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)

WIDECLIENT LOG

********* WideClient Log [version 6.86] Class=FS98MAIN *********

Date (dmy): 02/11/11, Time 17:18:34.861: Client name is USER-PC

187 LUA: "C:\NYSUS LAPTOP\WIDECLIENT\Initial.LUA": not found

234 Attempting to connect now

655 Server = MICHAEL-PC

748 Trying TCP/IP host "MICHAEL-PC" port 8002 ...

748 ... Okay, IP Address = 192.168.1.100

764 Connection made okay!

12152 Lost contact with ASE WX requester

The wideclient page is completely empty inside. Thats good so far right ?

Er, yes. By "wideclient page" what exactly do you mean? WEideclient only has a title bar. You can enlarge it's window, but that's only useful if you have a program which wants to "dock2 into FS's window -- the old EFIS98 program for FS98 used to do that, but i don't know any current one.

Anyway I'm trying to run squawkbox4 from the laptop and its asking for the fsx exe on the laptop. I dont think its seeing wideclient at ball.

Squawkbox 4 doesn't use FSUIPC and therefore doesn't work with wideFS. WideFS is only an extender of the FSUIPC interface to client PCs on a Network.

Fsmap also does not work.

I don't know FSMap. Does that interface via FSUIPC? If not then it's the same answer.

[LATER]

I googled FSMap and it says, for FSX, it uses SimConnect. I suspect if you want to use it with WideFS you'd have to fool it into thinking it was running with FS2004.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the quick reply. I actually bought widefs to run those 2 programs from my laptop. I guess some homework would have been in order. How do I trick fsmap into thinking it was running with fs2004 ? I guess I'll need to try some other software. Do you know if its possible to run squawkbox from my laptop and how ? I want to seperate the sound.

Yes, the wideclient title bar is showing an empty window. Do you have a list of software that works with widefs ?

Thanks Pete

Thanks for the quick reply. I actually bought widefs to run those 2 programs from my laptop. I guess some homework would have been in order. How do I trick fsmap into thinking it was running with fs2004 ?

When you install it doesn't it ask?

I really don't know anything about FSMap, but I think it is by Thomas Molitor, who is very good and will help you if you go to the right support area. Why not use it with SimConnect over your network I run a mixture of SimConnect and WideFS programs over mine, plus some which have their own networking like AES Remote, SuperTrafficBoard and Aivlasoft's EFB.

I guess I'll need to try some other software. Do you know if its possible to run squawkbox from my laptop and how ?

Yes, I believe it is. I think you have to install it on both machines. how it is all done I don't know, but i'm pretty sure it is all covered in its documentation.

Yes, the wideclient title bar is showing an empty window.

It always will. The window isn't used for anything. Either narrow it to a title bar only, or set it to minimise or hide (INI options).

Do you have a list of software that works with widefs ?

No. You are really looking at this the wrong way round. Decide what you want to do, then find the most suitable package for that. There's nothing wrong with SimConnect over a network, so it doesn't have to necessarily be a WideFS/FSUIPC solution.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete

When you install it doesn't it ask?

I really don't know anything about FSMap, but I think it is by Thomas Molitor, who is very good and will help you if you go to the right support area. Why not use it with SimConnect over your network I run a mixture of SimConnect and WideFS programs over mine, plus some which have their own networking like AES Remote, SuperTrafficBoard and Aivlasoft's EFB.

Yes, I believe it is. I think you have to install it on both machines. how it is all done I don't know, but i'm pretty sure it is all covered in its documentation.

It always will. The window isn't used for anything. Either narrow it to a title bar only, or set it to minimise or hide (INI options).

No. You are really looking at this the wrong way round. Decide what you want to do, then find the most suitable package for that. There's nothing wrong with SimConnect over a network, so it doesn't have to necessarily be a WideFS/FSUIPC solution.

Regards

Pete