The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS cannot find FSUIPC4?

My system has worked flawlessly for quite a while but yesterday it seems to have developed a problem. When loading WideFS the popup window says "WideClient FS98 Eliminator - Waiting for a connection" but the connection never happens. I have rebooted both computers several times.

I have verified and reloaded FSUIPC4 and WideFS; verified the mapped drives are available to the client and remapped; redid the connection FSX links in the Plan-G connection tab.

Still, no connection for Plan-G to connect to FSX?

Help?

Rick S

CPU: i7-2600k 4.6GHz @ 1.35v; Mobo: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3; RAM: 4x4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 2000 (9-10-9-27); GPU: EVGA GTX480 sc; PSU: Coolmax 950B modular; Case: Cooler Master HAF-932; Cooling: Noctua NH-D14; OS: Windows 7 x64 Pro; Monitor: 3x Gateway LP2207 22" (1680x1050) using Matrox TH2Go de (5040x1050; Logitech G13& G510

Saitek Pro Flight: Yoke & TFP Quad; Extra TFP Quad; Pedals; Switch Panel; Backlit Info Panel; 2 Radio Panels; AP Multi Panel; 12 Flight Instrument Panel Gauges; Cessna Trim Wheel

Related Software: FSUIPC4; WideFS; Plan-G

My system has worked flawlessly for quite a while but yesterday it seems to have developed a problem. When loading WideFS the popup window says "WideClient FS98 Eliminator - Waiting for a connection" but the connection never happens. I have rebooted both computers several times.

I have verified and reloaded FSUIPC4 and WideFS; verified the mapped drives are available to the client and remapped; redid the connection FSX links in the Plan-G connection tab.

WideFS doesn't use and doesn't care about drives or mapping. It's only concerned with the Network connection.

I need to know the version numbers of FSUIPC and WideClient, and you need to paste the WideServer.LOG file (from the FSX Modules folder) and the WideClient.LOG file (from the WideClient folder) here so we can see what it says. That is what logs are for, so we can find out what is going on.

Regards

Pete

WideFS doesn't use and doesn't care about drives or mapping. It's only concerned with the Network connection.

I need to know the version numbers of FSUIPC and WideClient, and you need to paste the WideServer.LOG file (from the FSX Modules folder) and the WideClient.LOG file (from the WideClient folder) here so we can see what it says. That is what logs are for, so we can find out what is going on.

Regards

Pete

Sorry, it was working perfectly. I didn't make any changes or updates that I can remember; auto updates are turned off. I do see a reference to I{X server failing to start. I have rebooted the router several times and the network seems to be working?

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.703 by Pete Dowson *********

Reading options from "E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"

Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...

User Name="Rick Sheehan"

User Addr="ricks@datacruz.com"

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WideFS7 Key is provided

Running inside FSX on Windows 7 (using SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Module base=61000000

Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

DebugStatus=255

10671 System time = 12/11/2011 08:32:56

10702 FLT UNC path = "\\RICK-PC\Users\Rick Sheehan\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

10702 FS UNC path = "\\RICK-PC\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

10952 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

10952 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

17629 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61472.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

17629 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

17629 FSUIPC Menu entry added

17675 \\RICK-PC\Users\rick sheehan\documents\flight simulator x files\Stoenworks Flight School.FLT

17675 \\RICK-PC\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\C172\Cessna172SP.AIR

196390 System time = 12/11/2011 08:36:02, Simulator time = 08:33:03 (16:33Z)

196390 Aircraft="Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint1"

200009 Starting everything now ...

203363 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

272550 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 77 secs = 68.8 fps

277043 Weather Mode now = Theme

277074 \\RICK-PC\Users\Rick Sheehan\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Previous flight.FLT

v6.86

********* WideServer.DLL Log [version 7.703] *********

Blocksize guide = 4096 (double allowed)

Date (dmy): 12/11/11, Time 08:36:05.910: Server name is RICK-PC

15912 Initialising TCP/IP server

15912 Initialising IPX/SPX server

15912 IPX/SPX socket() failed [Error=10044] Socket type not supported

15912 Failed to start IPX/SPX Server

15912 Initialising UDP/IP server

16131 Broadcasting service every 1000 mSecs

Thanks

Rick S.

Sorry, it was working perfectly. I didn't make any changes or updates that I can remember; auto updates are turned off. I do see a reference to I{X server failing to start

If you are not using IPX protocol that doesn't matter. Windows XP and later don't install IPX by default as Win98 used to.

The logs you supplied show all is well as far as I can tell, but you've omitted to show the crucial log, the one for WideClient. After all, it is WideClient which cannot connect so that's where the main information will be.

BTW if you've changed nothing and it suddenly doesn't work, then a hardware failure seems likely. software doesn't change on its own.

Regards

Pete

If you are not using IPX protocol that doesn't matter. Windows XP and later don't install IPX by default as Win98 used to.

The logs you supplied show all is well as far as I can tell, but you've omitted to show the crucial log, the one for WideClient. After all, it is WideClient which cannot connect so that's where the main information will be.

BTW if you've changed nothing and it suddenly doesn't work, then a hardware failure seems likely. software doesn't change on its own.

Regards

Pete

Opp's, I understand your reference to hardware failure but I fail to find anything else hat does not work at this point. I will run Prime95 and OCCT to see if I can find anything out of sorts.

I also checked out the download links tab and found I am not completely up to date on your FSUIPC4 FSX modules, will load most recent versions and re-try.

********* WideServer.DLL Log [version 7.703] *********

Blocksize guide = 4096 (double allowed)

Date (dmy): 12/11/11, Time 08:36:05.910: Server name is RICK-PC

15912 Initialising TCP/IP server

15912 Initialising IPX/SPX server

15912 IPX/SPX socket() failed [Error=10044] Socket type not supported

15912 Failed to start IPX/SPX Server

15912 Initialising UDP/IP server

16131 Broadcasting service every 1000 mSecs

Thanks

Rick S.

I also checked out the download links tab and found I am not completely up to date on your FSUIPC4 FSX modules, will load most recent versions and re-try.

Okay, but why did you paste the WideServer log again?

The most important information will be in the WideClient log as I said.

Pete

Okay, but why did you paste the WideServer log again?

The most important information will be in the WideClient log as I said.

Pete

My mother-in-law says I have a bad case of "O.L.D.", sorry.

********* WideClient Log [version 6.86] Class=FS98MAIN *********

Date (dmy): 12/11/11, Time 08:32:28.366: Client name is RICKSTOSHIBA

281 LUA: "C:\Temp\Downloads\FSUIPC4\WideFS\Initial.LUA": not found

312 Attempting to connect now

1326 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast

1326 Failed to connect: waiting to try again

3370 Attempting to connect now

68562 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast

281769 New Client Application: "PlanG" (Id=2412)

386446 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast

Thanks

Rick S.

1326 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast

1326 Failed to connect: waiting to try again

3370 Attempting to connect now

68562 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast

281769 New Client Application: "PlanG" (Id=2412)

386446 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast

Right. The problem is simply that it isn't receiving the Broadcasts from the Server which tell it where it is (name, ipaddress, protocol to use).

As fully described in the WideFS user guide (see the "configuring" section), for btroadcasts to work yo MUST have at least WinXP SP1 or later on each PC, and all PCs must be in the same Windows workgroup.

If you don't want to rename one or other of your workgroups so that they are the same, or they are the same but something else is using the broadcaster port already (Port2 in your INI files), you can instead add the ServerName and Protocol parameters into the INI.

Please do refer to the user guide for more information.

Regards

Pete

Right. The problem is simply that it isn't receiving the Broadcasts from the Server which tell it where it is (name, ipaddress, protocol to use).

As fully described in the WideFS user guide (see the "configuring" section), for btroadcasts to work yo MUST have at least WinXP SP1 or later on each PC, and all PCs must be in the same Windows workgroup.

If you don't want to rename one or other of your workgroups so that they are the same, or they are the same but something else is using the broadcaster port already (Port2 in your INI files), you can instead add the ServerName and Protocol parameters into the INI.

Please do refer to the user guide for more information.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete, makes me wonder caused it to change; as I said, it worked perfectly for months?

Rick S.