The simFlight Network Forums

Conflict FSUIPC / PMDG 737NGX

Without FSUIPC there is no problem to descend. With FSUIPC happens something unexplainable: at throttles in idle position and an altitude of 15500ft the N1 suddenly accelerates from 34.9 to 40.0. Due to that it is further impossible to slow down without using the speedbrakes nearly all the time.

I have windows 7-64 and a clean FSX installation. The FSUIPC.INI is the original without any changes. Is there anybody who can help?

Regards

Hans-Ruediger

Without FSUIPC there is no problem to descend. With FSUIPC happens something unexplainable: at throttles in idle position and an altitude of 15500ft the N1 suddenly accelerates from 34.9 to 40.0. Due to that it is further impossible to slow down without using the speedbrakes nearly all the time.

If you aren't using FSUIPC for anything, it cannot itself interfere with whatever your NGX is doing. It is possible that with it installed some other program is using it to adjust things like the weather. With autothrottle enabled the usual reason for a sudden increase in thrust is to compensate for a sudden change in wind direction, or gusts, turbulence, or maybe air temperature. You could try checking the options to inhibit turbulence and gusts, in the Winds and Clouds tabs.

Regard

sPete

Thank you for the quick response. The weather is "clear". Gusts and turbulences are disabled. No other program is involved, only FSX and the NGX. Yoke and pedals are fom CH. Both are calibrated with their own program. Would it be helpful to get my fsx.cfg and the FSUIPC.INI? Or other informations?

ps. my next answer will be later - we are invited to neighbours to have coffe and cake...

Regards

Hans-Ruediger

Thank you for the quick response. The weather is "clear". Gusts and turbulences are disabled. No other program is involved, only FSX and the NGX. Yoke and pedals are fom CH. Both are calibrated with their own program. Would it be helpful to get my fsx.cfg and the FSUIPC.INI? Or other informations?

You said your FSUIPC INI file is defaulted, though that cannot be if you've disabled turbulence and gusts! So what did you really mean when you said that?

The FSX.CFG is really no use to me. It has no effect on anything in FSUIPC.

If there's a problem in FSUIPC it will be logged, so check the FSUIPC log file.

If I were you I'd post for assistance to the CH Hangar site. Bob is very helpful with CH problems. I really don't know anything about what CH's own programs are doing. most folks I know using CH gear don't use their programs.

Regards

Pete

You said your FSUIPC INI file is defaulted, though that cannot be if you've disabled turbulence and gusts! So what did you really mean when you said that?

Again, thank you for your support! I'll try to explain. After the installation of the NGX I made a flight without FSUIPC descending with 1000 feet p.m. (V/S) from FL200 to FL030. No wind, idle throttle, touching nothing. It was a steady slow down from 300 IAS to 200 IAS. Then I installed FSUIPC (4746) and made exact the same flight. The N1 steady reduced up to 34.7% N1. Now suddenly the N1 grow up to 40.0. And it is always the same: at 15500ft ALT and 34.7 N1 the RPM increases to 40% N1... When I delete the MODUL folder, flyind the exactly same test flight again - wonderful! Slowing down to 200kn at 3000ft. With FSUIPC the speed then is about 270 knots!

Excuse me for my long winded explanaitions - difficulties with the language.

Regards

Hans-Ruediger

Again, thank you for your support! I'll try to explain. After the installation of the NGX I made a flight without FSUIPC descending with 1000 feet p.m. (V/S) from FL200 to FL030. No wind, idle throttle, touching nothing. It was a steady slow down from 300 IAS to 200 IAS. Then I installed FSUIPC (4746) and made exact the same flight. The N1 steady reduced up to 34.7% N1. Now suddenly the N1 grow up to 40.0. And it is always the same: at 15500ft ALT and 34.7 N1 the RPM increases to 40% N1... When I delete the MODUL folder, flyind the exactly same test flight again - wonderful! Slowing down to 200kn at 3000ft. With FSUIPC the speed then is about 270 knots!

Well, sorry, but there is nothing in FSUIPC itself that touches anything which could do that -- though it does actually seem to me that unless your descent is very slow indeed, the 270 knots speed is the more realistic. most descents, until 10000 feet at least, would be at something like 280 knows.

You'll need to look elsewhere to find what it actually happening at 15500 feet. Use FSUIPC logging by all means to see if you can spot it.

I think you will need to discuss this with other NGX users.

BTW when you "delete the Modules" folder, are you sure you aren't deleting some other modules which are loading? I recall that some of the PMDG modules put themselves there too.

Regards

Pete

Me again... Meanwhile I have tried to find out whether other inputs lead to trouble. That is not the case! It seems to be only this one where I assigned a button to do something what is not part of the normal FSX assignments. In this case it is a button of the CH Yoke which causes in the down position the gear to go down (FSX assignment) but in the up position to retract the gear - not part of the FSX assignments.

The image shows calibration inputs without causing any trouble.

Regards

Hans-Ruediger

post-17919-0-50096600-1321136708_thumb.j

Me again... Meanwhile I have tried to find out whether other inputs lead to trouble. That is not the case! It seems to be only this one where I assigned a button to do something what is not part of the normal FSX assignments. In this case it is a button of the CH Yoke which causes in the down position the gear to go down (FSX assignment) but in the up position to retract the gear - not part of the FSX assignments.

The image shows calibration inputs without causing any trouble.

Strange, but I see that your FSUIPC settings are far from the default INI you stated you used.

I don't think mere assignment of the button to gear up and down by itself can possibly cause a problem, as nothing will happen till you operate that button. More likely that the button is operating spuriously. you need to look at what is wrong with your CH configuration, and the possibility that you have a badly behaing button.

When you descend through 15500 don't you see or feel or hear the gear descending? Or maybe it was lowered (which would explain why you descend at such low speeds) and it got raised then, so increasing your descent to more normal speeds? That in itself may be related to the airspeed as retracting the gear above a certain speed is not possible.

Whatever, I'm afraid I'll have to leave you to your own investigations of this. There's really nothing FSUIPC can be doing about it.

Regards

Pete

Last supplement - I promise!

Yes you are right, but the input with the button 5 of the CH yoke was the only one and not a specific one for the NGX. It strikes me that the CH button 5 will become the button 4 in the FSUIPC4.INI - may be it is nothing to speak of, I don't know.

Again, thank you for your help!

Regards

Hans-Ruediger

It strikes me that the CH button 5 will become the button 4 in the FSUIPC4.INI

Assuming CH number theirs from 1, correct. FSUIPC follows the Windows API convention, numbering from 0. I know FS numbers from 1 as well. In any case you can tell which button is which by pressing them as seeing what is registered in the FSUIPC buttons & switches tab.

Regards

Pete