The simFlight Network Forums

Carburetor heat and cowl flap assignment

Which is the name of the command of the carburetor heat in the fsuipc? I can't find the name on the list to set the toggle bottom.

The quickest way to find these things out is to enable Event logging in FSUIPC, then operate the switch with keypress or mouse. The control will be Logged with both number and name.

Anyway, I've not checked like this (I don't think I have an aircraft in FSX with a carb heater), but I'm pretty sure it's operated by the Anti-Ice controls. If you look at the list there's a heap of these to choose from, including ON, OFF, SET and TOGGLE for all engines or for specific ones.

The other command that I haven't found yet is the cowl flap assignment. I need to set as axis because i have a potentiometer to move it.

Well that one's surely easy enough to find, even in alphabetic order -- COWLFLAPn_SET when n is the engine number, 1 - 4.

Regards

Pete

Thx Pete. I found it.

Now another problem.

I made my own pedals. The brake system are two switches, one for each break. The problem is that break to hard. I found an option to change on the configuration controls in Prepar3D (and FSX when i used it) to setting the repeat of the button. Is like a bar and you have 3 position to set.

Where I can set the same function but in Fsuipc? or How can I set in Fsuipc to do what I described above?

thx again

Fabian

The brake system are two switches, one for each break. The problem is that break to hard. I found an option to change on the configuration controls in Prepar3D (and FSX when i used it) to setting the repeat of the button. Is like a bar and you have 3 position to set.

Where I can set the same function but in Fsuipc? or How can I set in Fsuipc to do what I described above?

I've no idea at all what you mean by "the button. Is like a bar and you have 3 position to set", but you only need to assign one button to BRAKES LEFT and the other to BRAKES RIGHT, and in each case enable the "repeat whilst held". I'm sure if you'd look you'd easily find these controls. They are the same as the FS keyboard ones!

Pete

oh yes, I explain a bit wrong. Plz see the control configuration of the FSX. You have the item Break and if you double click, the option to set a button of the keyboard or a button of the joystick and a bit to the left a bar to set the repeat of the button.

I use the fsuipc with both command (brakes right and brakes left) and I enable the "repeat whilst held" but the problem is that this option make the brakes are full push or full loose. I need change the repeat of the button.

I use the fsuipc with both command (brakes right and brakes left) and I enable the "repeat whilst held" but the problem is that this option make the brakes are full push or full loose. I need change the repeat of the button.

Please then see the FSUIPC Advanced User's guide -- look up "ButtonRepeat", the INI parameter which controls all button repeat rates and the initial delay. But when you adjust that you adjust it for all buttons.

The button repeats act like the FS repeats. If you actually prefer the FS repeat rate why not use its assignments?

The operation of such brake buttons is similar to using the key presses (. fopr both brakes, F11/F12 for left/right). If you want less braking you have to "feather" them -- i.e press and release, press and release, faster or slower depending on how much braking.

If you want real proportional gradual braking you need to use braking axes and replace your brake buttons with potentiometers and analogue inputs.

You could also program your own braking quantity, increasing it or decreasing it according to how long the buttons are pressed, by devising Lua plug-ins to detect the button and send appropriate AXIS_LEFT_BRAKE_SET or AXIS_RIGHT_BRAKE_SET controls with proportional parameter values.

Regards

Pete