The simFlight Network Forums

Clearing of key assignments not working

Hello,

A rather odd possible bug to report. I made a key assignment in FSUIPC, which I later changed and wished to clear completely so that key was unassigned in FSUIPC. For some reason, no matter how many times I'd go in, press the key to show it's current assignment and do "clear" then "confirm", it would work (the assignment was removed) until the next time I'd load an aircraft (or restart FSX) then it was back. I tried making the change then quitting fsx to get FSUIPC to shut down and save it's configuration, I even tried changing something else in FSUIPC at the same time I cleared it and before exiting the FSUIPC configuration to see if that would force a save of the ini file, but no joy. I am running the latest version of FSUIPC. I eventually looked in the advanced user manual, tracked down which [keys] entry it was and removed from the ini file that way.

Perhaps it's something I was doing wrong, but I thought it was worth mentioning in case anyone else can replicate it.

Paul

Edited by BorisTheSpider

A rather odd possible bug to report. I made a key assignment in FSUIPC, which I later changed and wished to clear completely so that key was unassigned in FSUIPC. For some reason, no matter how many times I'd go in, press the key to show it's current assignment and do "clear" then "confirm", it would work (the assignment was removed) until the next time I'd load an aircraft (or restart FSX) then it was back. I tried making the change then quitting fsx to get FSUIPC to shut down and save it's configuration, I even tried changing something else in FSUIPC at the same time I cleared it and before exiting the FSUIPC configuration to see if that would force a save of the ini file, but no joy. I am running the latest version of FSUIPC.

Hmm. It sounds as if the key was programmed to be both aircraft-specific and generic, so you were only clearing one of those. Is that possible? Can you clarify, please, as to how the key(s) were assigned?

I'll certainly check here though.

Please, do not simply say "latest version". What version is the 'latest' in your view? Was it 4.70, or something later, up to 4.747? I always, ALWAYS, need the version number, please. That is what it is for.

Regards

Pete

Hi,

It's version 4.745 and there was definitely nothing assigned specific, I checked that several times during the process of trying to clear it. However one thing does come to mind - I'd just recently changed from aircraft specific assignments to profile specific as described in the documentation, perhaps it's possible for an assignment to get lost/hidden in the process such that it can't be seen through the normal configuration interface? I'm fairly sure that wouldn't be the case though, since the assignment I deleted manually from the ini file to eventually clear it was not under a specific aircraft or profile but rather in the main [keys] section.

It's version 4.745 and there was definitely nothing assigned specific, I checked that several times during the process of trying to clear it.

I just realised, you are talking about the "clear" button on the assignment side (left-hand side)? That's there merely to clear the entries on that page so you can start afresh. It doesn't change anything else. It is not and never has been a "delete".

To delete a keystroke assignment, find it on the right-hand side (scroll through, back and forth) and use the "delete this entry" button. And don't forget to use 'OK' to exit. ESCape or cancel will restore everything to the way it was before you entered the options.

This all certainly works fine, and it always has.

Regards

Pete