The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC reg needed for FSGarmin?

Hi Pete,

I tried to install FSGarmin (which is freeware now as I understand) on FS2004, but the required new FSUIPC 3.04 didn't run it without a reg key. The Key Generator for FSGarmin supplied a 10 digit key, but this didn't suffice. FSUIPC wants a key for itself.

Since I have no other uses for FSUIPC (at the moment!): is it really true that I have to pay for FSUIPC to run a freeware program?

Rgds

Fussel

Since I have no other uses for FSUIPC (at the moment!): is it really true that I have to pay for FSUIPC to run a freeware program?

No, but the freeware program does need a key. Since I don't posses all possible freeware programs (and don't want to) I cannot possibly generate them for everyone just like that. I need all the details.

For this sort of thing, even if it is freeware, I'd prefer that the Author or someone responsible applied. It may not be the author's wishes that an earlier version of a product is enabled for use on FS2004, for instance, especially if he's preparing a new payware version. You see my point? Please check with the author first, and state that you have done so and that it is okay in your application.

Then, check the "sticky" thread up above somewhere listing FreeWare programs and their keys. Either write to me at petedowson@btconnect.com, or add a message to that thread with all the details I need for this freeware program -- program name (.EXE), and, from the Version Information, the Product Name and the Company. If one of those is missing I can make do with the File Description instead. But I need at least two of the three, and I need them EXACTLY, character for character. Remember to say which is which.

Regards,

Pete