The simFlight Network Forums

Disconn Elev Trim Axis For AP

Disconn Elev Trim Axis For AP

Is it possible to activate/deactivate this option during the flight or during FS9 is running?

And if yes, how can I do this?

You'd need to set bet 5 of offset 310A and keep doing that every few seconds whilst the disconnection is needed. You could assign a key or button to

Offset Byte Setbits

with offset = x310A and parameter = x20

then remember to press it at least once every 5-10 seconds, or you you'd program the same thing in a Lua plug-in which you can invoke from a button or keypress.

To undo it use Offset Byte Clearbits with the same offset and parameters.

Regards

Pete

I have try but I cannot understand how to do it! Is it possible for you to help me out?

What is it you do not understand?

Have you EVER used FSUIPC to assign anything to a button before? If not just try it first on something easy, and do take a look in the User Guide. There's a whole chapter on assigning buttons, even with a picture or two.

Regards

Pete

How do I assign know this option to a button?! I think that's included at the advance users manual, the way to assign this option "Disconn Elev Trim Axis For AP" to a button I mean.

It isn't an "action", it is an optional way of running FS. Why would you want to assign it to a button? If you need it because you have an aircraft which is using elevator trim in Autopilot vertical modes and the elevator axis you've assigned interferes (presumably because of jitters), then you need it on. Otherwise you can leave it off. Why switch it on and off? You either need it or you don't.

Pete

Good day Pete

The way I want to use, will make the flight more comfortable.

Let me explain, and ask one more question.

First, this action is comfortable at almost all flight phases but I want to disable it at at one of them, here comes the "comfortable".

My question is, this action is included at FS9 also, I mean can I found it at FS settings somewhere?

So, what will be my next step in order to deactivate or activated again the "Disconn Elev Trim Axis For AP" with a button, during the flight?

Thanks

The way I want to use, will make the flight more comfortable.

Let me explain, and ask one more question.

First, this action is comfortable at almost all flight phases but I want to disable it at at one of them, here comes the "comfortable".

Can you tell me why, please? When would you actually want both your elevator trim axis AND the autopilot controlling the elevator trim? How would this ever be more "comfortable".

In my cockpit, using Project Magenta, using the elevator trim axis manually, or the electric trim buttons on the yoke, disconnects the A/P automatically. That is normal, but I cannot understand why you'd use both at the same time.

So, though you said you'd explain, you did not, at least not yet...

My question is, this action is included at FS9 also, I mean can I found it at FS settings somewhere?

Not that I know.

So, what will be my next step in order to deactivate or activated again the "Disconn Elev Trim Axis For AP" with a button, during the flight?

You cannot switch the FSUIPC option on or off without going into the FSUIPC Options. I already explained this to you!!

You could, if you are so ambitious for reasons you have not revealed yet, program it yourself using a Lua plug-in or other program, or even repeatedly pressing a button assigned to write to the FSUIPC axis disconnection offset. This was discussed in another thread not long ago:

hdisconn-elev-trim-axis-for-ap

But before rushing off, please please explain why you want this! Why is it more "comfortable"?

Regards

Pete