The simFlight Network Forums

OFFSET STEERING

• 2 weeks later...

I need a help.

Is there a specific offset to the steering of Boeing or shank should I use the offset from the RUDDER to steer the Steering

What is the context please? FS9 or FSX or some other? Why using offsets not controls or axes? Do you want to be able to calibrate, and have tiller/rudder control transfer as speed increases?

Pete

Hi Pete

My context is FS9 - SIOC from opencockpits

I intend use the offsets, for separeted the rudder and steering.

I read one information about B737, until 40 knots the pilot must use the steering and above 40 knots will use the rudders.

Then I would like to use offset for wrigth a routine according describe the above.

Do you know some routine for this ?

Regards

Heron

I intend use the offsets, for separeted the rudder and steering.

I read one information about B737, until 40 knots the pilot must use the steering and above 40 knots will use the rudders.

Then I would like to use offset for wrigth a routine according describe the above.

Do you know some routine for this ?

FSUIPC does this automatically for rudder and tiller axes assigned directly to FSUIPC's calibration, except that it doesn't suddenly switch at 40, but gradually transfers control up to 60 knots (default -- can be changed), so the crossover isnearer 30 knots.

You can send axis values direct to calibration in one of two ways:

Either use offsets in the 3ba8-3bcf range to send the axis value, then assign the axis "direct" when recognised in FSUIPC's axis assignments,

or use the general FS controls facility at offset 3110 to send the special FSUIPC "direct" axis control (one of 64101-64140 -- see latest changes document for the list), along with the parameter for the axis value. The latter method requites you to write 2 32-bit words, eitrher at the same time or parameter first, control number second. I don't know if SIOC can do that.

Regards

Pete