The simFlight Network Forums

Fsuipc help

Hello Pete and first of all happy new year. I need your help in order to fix something. As i have mention in a previus topic i have built a custom fcu ( fcu=the autopilot used by the airbuses ) and for software i am using is the project magenta. I have assign all the buttons and switches with succes but i have a problem assigning the four rotary encoders, which they changing the speed, heading altitude and the vertical speed. For example i will use the heading. The offset or the heading is this: 5408 size 2, MCP/FCU set (write only) and 04E2 size 2, MCP/FCU ( read only ). In the picture bellow i have assign the heading write with succes but i need to assign also the read value. Is there any way to do this? Many thanks in advance.

post-14481-0-96812100-1325886816.jpg

In the picture bellow i have assign the heading write with succes but i need to assign also the read value. Is there any way to do this?

Assign the read value to what? It's read only. You can't write to it. You need something to read it. Assigning a button or encoder to a read only value makes no sense.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete and many thanks for your responce. In the above example as you see i have assign the write value which this means when i turn the rotary encoder clockwise for example the heading values in the fcu are increasing but because this is write only i need this to be read as well. The value responcible for reading is the 04E2 size 2 but i think in this page of the fsuipc i can only assign one offset per button so i can not assign both offsets at the same time and this button assignement to become write and read at the same time. Thats why i need your help if there is a way to do this directly inside fsuipc or even from lua. Many thanks in advance.

In the above example as you see i have assign the write value which this means when i turn the rotary encoder clockwise for example the heading values in the fcu are increasing but because this is write only i need this to be read as well.

Why do you want to read it? What device are you sending the read value to? To read an offset you'd need to write a program or a Lua plug-in. Please explain what it is you want to do with the read value.

The value responcible for reading is the 04E2 size 2 but i think in this page of the fsuipc i can only assign one offset per button

You can have as many assignments to each button as you like, but it means editing the INI file to add them. However, it makes no sense whatsoever to assign a control for writing a value to an offset which is read only! I think you do not appreciate the difference between reading and writing?

Regards

Pete