The simFlight Network Forums

PFC C2 Proffesional Console & FSUIPC

Have FSUIPC 4.7

Windows 7 64bit

MS FSX

PFC C2 Proffesional Console with twin throttle, pitch, and mixture levers included.

CH Pedals

Saitek Radio Stack

Followed instructionson page 51 of 4.7V manual for assigning and calibrating controls for a 4 engine aircraft.

After loading a B747, it appears the engines are running , throttle and mixture are functioning and flights are normal.

However if the engines are shut down, by use of the Mixture levers, or by Engine failure settings, engines 3 & 4 will not restart by using the start keys of the PFC C2 PRO Console.

Engines 1&2 will start using the C2 Pro Console start keys.

All engines can be restarted by using the [Ctrl E] keyboard combo or by simply reloading the same aircraft.

I did read the special note on the "PFC throttle quadrant users". Did not see any

"but using PFC" notation during calibration but changed the AllowSupportForPFCQuad=No to =Yes. No change noted.

It almost suggests that C2 PRO start keys only recognize a 2 engine craft but not the 4 engine configuration applied by FSUIPC.

Would you have an opinion as to the cause and/or possible remedy?

odlaz@hotmail.com

It almost suggests that C2 PRO start keys only recognize a 2 engine craft but not the 4 engine configuration applied by FSUIPC.

The C2 Pro is driven using a separate driver which interfaces to FSUIPC. FSUIPC is only the interface used for most of the functions. The throttle quadrant is different because it is interchangeable, so FSUIPC assignment is generally needed (though the default is designed to suit the normal quadrant supplied).

Would you have an opinion as to the cause and/or possible remedy?

The 'cause' is that the C2 PRo console is designed for 2 engined aircraft, and the PFCHID driver supplied handles it as such. If you want to program is differently you can do, with a Registered copy of FSUIPC, but you have to provide parameters in the appropriate files. Please see the PFCHID documentation, and in particular the section entitled "Macros: configuring a PFC HID device for FS add-ons". As it says there, every switch and encoder (but none of the analogue inputs) can be diverted, individually, to operate via FSUIPC “macros”.

Regards

Pete

Pete

Thanks for the quick reply.

I will try your suggestion, I do have a registered copy, but not being a programer the prospects are dim.

I will contact PFC to learn if they have a PFCHID file that may allow for 4 engine Key start configuration.

Again thanks

odlaz

I will try your suggestion, I do have a registered copy, but not being a programer the prospects are dim.

I will contact PFC to learn if they have a PFCHID file that may allow for 4 engine Key start configuration.

It's certainly not programming, but merely following some rules for macro naming and formats. The names needed are listed in the file called "PFCmacroindex.csv" which yuo wil already have. The 'starters' are part of the two 5 position Magneto switches, and are, in fact, referred to as examples in the "Macro Names" section of the PFCHid.DLL User Guide. You will see that the names as Magneto1 and Magneto2 respectively.

Referring than to the formats for Macros in the FSUIPC Advanced User's guide (section entitled "Macro Controls") you will see you need an ordinary text file (which you will save as PFC.mcro initially) containing something like this:

[Macros]

1=Magneto1= ...

2=Magneto2=...

where the ... part is replaced by the FS or FSUIPC control needed to carry out the action. These controls are listed in the List of FS Controls document also installed with the FSUIPC documentation. Looking for MAGNETO you'll see MAGNETOn_SET listed for each of 4 engines, 1-4. The numbers given are 66400, 66401, 66402 and 66403 respectively. So, if we put:

[Macros]

1=Magneto1=C64100

2=Magneto2=C64101

we should get the same results as the default driver. At least this is so if the parameter, 0-4, is the same one used by FSX. Unfortunately this is probably true only for props -- FSX does different things with Jets, which of course don't use a 5 position magneto switch for starting. I think you'll find the starter for jets is position #1, corresponding to the Right Magneto selection. The #2 position, 'Left', will enable the engine generators after the engines start.

Now, you actually need Magneto1 starting engines 1 and 2, and Magneto2 starting engines 3 and 4, so you need the format of the macros allowing multiple actions, thus:

[Macros]

1=Magneto1

1.1=C64100

1.2=C64101

2=Magneto2

2.1=C64102

2.2=C64103

I'm afraid I'm not in a position to test this for you at present, but do try it. But first, one more thing. Assuming you are using your Cirrus for other aircraft too, you realy only want this override to operate for the 747 when loaded. To do that you should name the macro file something different, e.g. "PFC747" then add a new section to the PFCHID.INI file:

[Config.<aircraft name>]

MacroFilename=PFC747

substituting the aircraft title for <aircraft name> -- you can get that from its CFG file.

Regards

Pete

• 5 months later...

Hello Peter,

I'm experiencing an issue with PFCHID.dll, but I must describe how my flight sim panel is builded:

USB cirrus 2 components like throttle, prop, mix, various switches, trim, but no yoke mecjanism, all items mounted inside of semyreplica of KingAir (builded by Ruscool) with Flight Illusion force feedback yoke and complete set of instruments.

Now, when I run FS9, where is installed FSUIPC latest version and PFCHID, suddenly when I switch on the main power of panel the flying surface (aileron and stabilizer) start to move themself in a mad mode.

If i remove the PFCHUD.dll all become normal but, as you can imagine, all items connected to PFC boards stop to run.

May i configure the PFCHID to exclude the PFC yoke signal? Only the yoke.

Very very thanks

Luca

USB cirrus 2 components like throttle, prop, mix, various switches, trim, but no yoke mecjanism, all items mounted inside of semyreplica of KingAir (builded by Ruscool) with Flight Illusion force feedback yoke and complete set of instruments.

Now, when I run FS9, where is installed FSUIPC latest version and PFCHID, suddenly when I switch on the main power of panel the flying surface (aileron and stabilizer) start to move themself in a mad mode.

If i remove the PFCHUD.dll all become normal but, as you can imagine, all items connected to PFC boards stop to run.

Sounds like your USB Cirrus has not been modified correctly to make the yoke axes fixed. They are presumably left open circuit and therefore floating and so feeding random signals to the driver.

May i configure the PFCHID to exclude the PFC yoke signal? Only the yoke.

Try adding these lines to the [Config] section of the PFDHid.ini file:

Ailerons=off

Elevator=off

I don't use PFCHid myself and have barely been involved with it, leaving things really to PFC, so if this doesn't work you may need to contact them -- or check your modified Cirrus.

Regards

Pete

• 1 month later...

Hello Pete,

as I wrote the lines you suggest to add in PFCHid.ini works great in FS9, but I strongly would like to move to X-Plane that has exactly the same problem, I add the same lines at PFCHid.ini installed on X-Plane but it doesn't work, perhaps it has a different logic but I know that exist, and I intalled, the XP version of FSUIPC module (called XPUIPC) so perhaps the logic is similar, do exist any offset to exclude the Elevator floating in XP?

Of course I thanks you in advance :-)

Luca

I add the same lines at PFCHid.ini installed on X-Plane but it doesn't work, perhaps it has a different logic but I know that exist, and I intalled, the XP version of FSUIPC module (called XPUIPC) so perhaps the logic is similar, do exist any offset to exclude the Elevator floating in XP?

Nothing of mine works on X-Plane. I do not use and cannot support X-Plane. Sorry.

Pete