The simFlight Network Forums

Map the PMDG NGX transponder switch to my CH Yoke

Hi everyone!

Asked about this in another forum but haven't got it to work yet. What I would like if possible is to map a key on my CH Yoke to the transponder switch in the PMDG NGX since that switch in the v/c is always a little bit hard to move with the mouse pointer when you're about to enter/exit the runway and often are in a hurry.

I have the registered version of FSUIPC, would I be able to accomplish this directly using FSUIPC or do I also need this LINDA software?

Thanks in advance for any help on how to set this up if possible.

What I would like if possible is to map a key on my CH Yoke to the transponder switch in the PMDG NGX since that switch in the v/c is always a little bit hard to move with the mouse pointer when you're about to enter/exit the runway and often are in a hurry.

I assume you mean the transponder mode switch? You'd switch the mode when swtching to Tower before takeoff, or after switching to Ground after landing. Usually that should be before entering the runway and after leaving it. No harm in stopping whilst making such changes -- you needed to retune the Comms in any case.

Unless you are flying on line this is only an added realism option, as it isn't realy doing anything. For on-line flying there are FSUIPC-added controls to talk to Squawkbox, and i believe FSInn has methods too.

I have the registered version of FSUIPC, would I be able to accomplish this directly using FSUIPC or do I also need this LINDA software?

If the switch is amenable to mouse macro treatment, like much of the NGX cockpit, then you should be able to program a hardware switch for it. Have you tried? I don't know enough about LINDA, but it is designed specifically to make these things easier so it is worth you looking at too.

Regards

Pete