The simFlight Network Forums

Issues with FSUIPC latest version

Hello, (HELP!)

I really do hope you are able to assist me.

I have just installed the latest FSX version of FSUIPC on my PC. Ever since I have done this I am unable to get any Autopilot on any add-on aircraft to function correctly. It simply swings wildly, not accepting headings,VS or anything else etc, I also seem to be having problems with my Saitek controllers too. Yet, with the older & original version of FSUIPC everything worked well, no problems whatsoever !!

Can I revert to the original version? Or, are there some adjustments/alterations etc that can be done to re-work or adjust this new version (I am not very technical). I do hope so as now flying is just a total frustration, in fact impossible.

Sincerely

Ian Zetland

Warwick UK

I have just installed the latest FSX version of FSUIPC on my PC. Ever since I have done this I am unable to get any Autopilot on any add-on aircraft to function correctly. It simply swings wildly, not accepting headings,VS or anything else etc, I also seem to be having problems with my Saitek controllers too. Yet, with the older & original version of FSUIPC everything worked well, no problems whatsoever !!

I've no idea what you mean by "latest" or "original" at all! You need to provide actual VERSION NUMBERS! That's what they are for, so I can understand what on Earth it is you are trying to say.

Additionally, for your information, there is nothing in FSUIPC which can affect any aircraft's autopilot, unless those aircraft aren't actually using FSUIPC. And for FSX very few add-on aircraft use FSUIPC for anything.

Can I revert to the original version? Or, are there some adjustments/alterations etc that can be done to re-work or adjust this new version (I am not very technical). I do hope so as now flying is just a total frustration, in fact impossible.

I think that you've made some other changes and are blaming FSUIPC, as of course so many others do, as the "universal scapegoat" it has been for 14 years. Please calm down, think about what you are saying. and provide some actual details -- like exact version numbers, exact settings, lists of add-ons, versions of Windows, etc etc. I can'tt help with wild unspecific generalisations.

Pete

Hello sir,

Thank you for your reply. I'm actually quite calm,& not blaming anyone or anything at all,I've already mentioned that I'm not very technical, I observed the changes to my system that I have explained happened co-incidentally after the upgrade & are simply seeking some expert help here . I am certain I have made no other changes.

Anyway, I am using Windows 7, 64, and the version of FSUIPC that I have just installed is FSUIPC4 4.70.

Unfortunately, I don't know the reference of the previous version reference, or even how to find what it was. I have various add-ons: Fokker 70/100. PMDG JS41, 737 PIC,Beech Duke,Ejets, CRJ to name but a few. I'm also unsure what you mean by 'exact settings', ?

However. If as you say the add-ons don't use FSUIPC, and it doesn't affect the autopilot in any event, then I am truly barking up the wrong tree.

Again, my thanks for your reply.

Ian Zetland

Hi Pete I was using a unregistered version of 4.70b so i bought and Registered 4751a and then installed the 4754 Module and the Throttles on My Eaglesoft Citation x

are not working Correctly (Jumping and staying in the Cruise Detent) if i go back to 470b all is well has anyone else reported this ?? i do have ASE2012 installed and so far

my wind is working fine so i'm using 470b this is the only Glitch i have ever had

Best Regards

Mbaclawski

I observed the changes to my system that I have explained happened co-incidentally after the upgrade & are simply seeking some expert help here . I am certain I have made no other changes.

The "explanations" need padding a bit with some hard data, really. You said

I am unable to get any Autopilot on any add-on aircraft to function correctly. It simply swings wildly, not accepting headings,VS or anything else etc

I do not know of any autopilots on any aircraft for FSX which is any way use anything in FSUIPC to "accept" values like a heading or a vertical speed. Yet you say that, apparently just because of a change in the version of FSUIPC, no add-on aircraft will even allow you to change its heading or V/S? Yet, presumably, default ones do? There is absolutely no way FSUIPC can stop values being provided to an aircraft. It simply makes no sense. FSUIPC has no way to stop these things even if it was so stupid to want to!

Anyway, I am using Windows 7, 64, and the version of FSUIPC that I have just installed is FSUIPC4 4.70.

4.70 is certainly not the latest. The very latest is actually 4.758, and 4.70 has been unavailable from any official place for some time now. Please take a look at the Download Links subforum where you will find full details of what is "latest".

I'm also unsure what you mean by 'exact settings', ?

Well, assuming you actually USE FSUIPC for anything, all your "exact settings" are in the FSUIPC4.INI file, in the FS modules folder, which is the place where your "exact settings" are stored. If you don't know what you've used FSUIPC for or what you've set, just paste the contents of that file into a message here and I'll look at that -- it'd save you trying to remember. After all, you did also say

I also seem to be having problems with my Saitek controllers too.

and unless you are really using FSUIPC to assign stuff from these (unnames) Saitek controllers, I'm not sure how that statement can relate to FSUIPC either.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete I was using a unregistered version of 4.70b so i bought and Registered 4751a and then installed the 4754 Module and the Throttles on My Eaglesoft Citation x

are not working Correctly (Jumping and staying in the Cruise Detent) if i go back to 470b all is well has anyone else reported this ?

No. And without knowing how you assign and claibrate throttles I'm none the wiser. From what you say all you've done is updated and registered FSUIPC. Are you actually using it for anything? If not it won't have much to do with your throttles. I don't think that aircraft uses FSUIPC either, but i'm not sure. Perhaps you can explain a bit more about what you are doing with the throttles?

Regards

Pete

Hello again, Thanks for getting back to me. I think this is the file you requested :

[General]

History=3XKUPKB3IJUO4OJC0E6RE

TCASid=Flight

TCASrange=40

AxisCalibration=No

DirectAxesToCalibs=No

ShowMultilineWindow=Yes

SuppressSingleline=No

SuppressMultilineFS=No

AxisIntercepts=No

WeatherReadFactor=2

WeatherRewriteSeconds=1

SimConnectStallTime=1

UpdatedByVersion=4500

CustomWeatherModify=No

Console=No

[WideServer]

WideFSenabled=Yes

[JoyNames]

AutoAssignLetters=No

0=CH FLIGHT SIM YOKE USB

1=Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant

If its the wrong one I can keep looking.

thanks again

Ian Zetland

Hello again, Thanks for getting back to me. I think this is the file you requested :

Well, it is the right file, but it shows that the version you are using is FSUIPC 4.50:

UpdatedByVersion=4500

which is well out of date, and totally unsupportable. I suspect something you've installed has overwritten your more up to date version. Please download the latest Installer from Download Links and use that.

This INI file also shows that you aren't using FSUIPC for anything at all. It only has default settings. Have you purchased a registration or are you only using it unregistered, and, if so, what for?

Regards

Pete

• 1 year later...

I also downloaded the latest version of fsuipc and it totally disabled my autopilot on my saitek proflight panel. I know it had to be the FSUIPC because my autopilot was working fine before I downloaded it. I was only trying to use the pmSounds altitude callouts and I needed to download the FSUIPC to be able to do so.

I would appreciate it if someone out there can tell me what can be done to solve this problem.

dalehan123