The simFlight Network Forums

MCP issue and PMDG JS41 - can't see the digit "9"

Hi,

I’m hoping somebody can help me with this issue:

I have a GoFlight MCP module and I’m trying to use it with the PMDG JS41. I’m using the following lua scripts from http://forum.simflight.com/topic/67270-goflight-mcp-advanced-mcp-pro-pmdg-j41/

I believe I followed the directions and I’m able to use the MCP with PMDG however I’m getting a strange issue: No matter what dial I turnon the MCP, the digit “9”s are not showing up on the MCP module. They show up with default fs airplanes, though. It’s weird. Anytime I try to get a “9” to show, it shows a “0” on the Module, yet it will be “9” in the sim.

I’m using the latest FSUIPC (well, it was from Sept 2011). I have the MCP functions in the GoFlight Config software set to “not mapped” and using only the lua files to control the MCP for the PMDG. If anyone has any ideas as to what’s wrong and how to fix it I would be most appreciative.

Thanks

Ed

I have a GoFlight MCP module and I’m trying to use it with the PMDG JS41. I’m using the following lua scripts from http://forum.simflig...p-pro-pmdg-j41/

I believe I followed the directions and I’m able to use the MCP with PMDG however I’m getting a strange issue: No matter what dial I turnon the MCP, the digit “9”s are not showing up on the MCP module. They show up with default fs airplanes, though. It’s weird. Anytime I try to get a “9” to show, it shows a “0” on the Module, yet it will be “9” in the sim.

Is your MCP and MCP or an MCP Pro? I believe they are different. The Pro displays are handles by simply sending them the strings for dispay, whilst the older MCP (non-Pro) had to have the segments of each digit sent to it.

Check the version of GFDev.DLL you are using too. there are many around. If you look in the Download Links subforum here you'll find the latest I know about, but also check the GoFlight website. Probably the only program you are using with uses GFDev.DLL is FSUIPC, so what that does may make the difference. In recent versions of FSUIPC (the latest is 4.758, also in Download Links) the location and version number of GFDev in use is shown in the Log, as follows (this is mine):

17453 Using "E:\FSX\Modules\GFDEV.DLL", version 2.1.0.1

Regards

Pete

Thanks for the response Pete. I am using the older MCP (non pro). I updated to the latest FSUIPC and GFDEV.DLL (Same as yours). Still same issue. THe Go FLight website is down until February so, no chance of getting help from them. Bummer.

Strange. i only have the MCP Pro I'm afraid, but maybe I can try treating it like an older MCP and see what I get. I've no time at present. If I don't post again before Friday, please post a remnder and I'll do it over the weekend.

Regards

Pete

Strange. i only have the MCP Pro I'm afraid, but maybe I can try treating it like an older MCP and see what I get

Okay. I also get '9's showing as '0's if i treat the MCPPro like an MCP. I've done a load of extra testing and found that sending segment settings 00111111 (for '0') and 01101111 (for '9') both show as '0'. It looks like a bug in the GFDev.DLL module.

(Segments are numbered 0 at top to 5, clockwise, and 6 for the centre cross one. Bits are 6543210).

I checked back with older versions, right back to 2006, and they are all the same.

I have reported this to Sandy, the current GFDev.DLL developer for rectification. Meanwhile, there are now easier ways to set the displays on all the GF devices -- in the current versions of FSUIPC and Wideclient I only use the newer methods for the MCPPro, because the other devices pre-dated the additional features in GFDev. Unfortunately I do not know whether they all work (I don't have all the devices), but I am building a revised version of FSUIPC to use the newer facilities and will post again here when I have a version you can try.

[LATER]

Okay. I got a reply from GoFlight, and it looks like it is a firmware issue -- some versions of the firmware work okay with the pattern for '9' I'm sending, others only produce a 9 if you leave the lower horizontal segment off.

No matter. The latest version of the gfd library uses the normal strings instead of setting segments, and that should work with all the devices now.

Choose from FSUIPC 4.759, FSUIPC 3.998s and Wideclient 6.91, all now available in the Download Links subforum.

Regards

Pete