The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC issue?

Hello,

the last days that I am trying to take a flight on FSX with level-d 767,and RC I get messages from RC about the altitude of my aircraft.I am flying the same way I used to fly, no changes and when Otto from RC reports the actual altitude of my aircraft in RC ATC it is always wrong,that's why I keep getting messages from RC about my altitude.I do nto know what is happening, the only thing I have changed on my system is that I updated FSUIPC with the latest versions 4.758 and 4.761.

Is it possible to download an earlier version like 4.50 in order to test my system with that?

I do not know what else to try.From RC forum they have given me advice about my flying but this is not the point as I am doing the same things for years without problems so what do I have to change?

Thanks in advance.

If you have any ideas just let me know.

Apo

the last days that I am trying to take a flight on FSX with level-d 767,and RC I get messages from RC about the altitude of my aircraft.I am flying the same way I used to fly, no changes and when Otto from RC reports the actual altitude of my aircraft in RC ATC it is always wrong,

By "wrong" what do you mean? What are you comparing it with? Press Shift+Z to get your true altitude displayed by FSX at the top of the screen. That will be the "true" altitude, not necessarily the one shown on your altimeter.

Were you actually instructed to fly an altitude, or a flight level? What is the current barometric pressure (QNH) and what is your altimeter set to? And where are you flying -- what is the local Transition Altitude?

Without answers to these questions I'm afraid there's no way to answer your questions.

that's why I keep getting messages from RC about my altitude.I do nto know what is happening, the only thing I have changed on my system is that I updated FSUIPC with the latest versions 4.758 and 4.761.

Is it possible to download an earlier version like 4.50 in order to test my system with that?

No, and it won't make a difference in any case. The altitude cones direct from SimConnect. FSUIPC is only the interface and that's not changed in any relevant respect.

I do not know what else to try.From RC forum they have given me advice about my flying but this is not the point as I am doing the same things for years without problems so what do I have to change?

Answer the questions above, then maybe things will be clearer.

Oh, one other thing. Check that you haven't got FSX set to use Metres instead of Feet for altitudes. RC should be detecting this and therefore copied, but I've not checked that this is so.

Regards

Pete

The true altitude that shows after pressinf Shift+Z is the one shown on my altimeter as well.RC instructs me to maimtain a Flight level.The QNH is set by the AS2012 weather report and then set back to 1013 when I cross the transition altitude.FSX uses feet for altitude as always.When I report my altitude to RC ATC I am reporting a crazy flight level that has nothing to do with my true altitude.I am going to uninstall RC and reinstall again hoping that this is going to resolve the issue.If not I will contact them again.

The true altitude that shows after pressinf Shift+Z is the one shown on my altimeter as well.RC instructs me to maimtain a Flight level.

Then that is very likely the problem. Unless, by sheer coincidence, the actual QNH is 1013.2, the Flight Level you should be flying is NOT the same as the true altitude.

You need to set your altimeter to 1013.2 (29.92"), usually by pressing "STD" on the EFIS control panel when told to fly Flight Levels. This always needs doing when flying Flight Levels. Unfortunately very many American flight-simmers get so used to flying in the North American continent, where the Flight Levels begin at 18000', and FS assumes this when you press 'B', that they do not understand what goes wrong when flying elsewhere. I'm not saying that you are one such, but that does actually look like what is occurring in this case.

The QNH is set by the AS2012 weather report and then set back to 1013 when I cross the transition altitude

You should then not be reading the same on your Altimeter as in the Shift+Z readout -- unless, of course, the QNH just happens to be 1013, which, from what you say, sounds not to be the case!

Regards

Pete

I reinstalled FSX and all it's add-ons and now everything is working fine again.That was a malfunction of RC that had nothing to do with my flying.

Hmmm. No real explanation for it then. I've no idea what can "malfunction" in RC to do what you say, and agreement between Shift+Z altitude and the altimeter when flying Flight Levels is certainly only correct when the QNH is 1013 (29.92"). Weird. Glad you sorted it though, but that's a rather drastic step to take -- it would cost me several days to get FSX back to where I had it!

Regards

Pete