The simFlight Network Forums

Add Delay to Controller

Does anyone know a way to add a delay to controllers in milliseconds? I'm trying to simulate the latency issue when controlling a UAV.

I don't know what a UAV is, but if you assign in FSUIPC to can add delays by editing the assignmnet lines in the INI file. See the Axis Assignments section of the FSUIPC Advanced User's guide.

Regards

Pete

I work with control systems for UAVs, both simulated in FS2004 and also the real platforms like the Asctech Pelican & the Parrot AR.Drone. By the way, MCKINLEC, which kind of controller are you working with and in what language do you want to implement such delay?

Regards,

Rafael Coronel

which kind of controller are you working with and in what language do you want to implement such delay?

If he's assigning the controller in FSUIPC, he doesn't need to write a program to get a delay. FSUIPC provides such a facility in the axs assignment definitions in the settings (INI) file, as I pointed out. It is documented in the FSUIPC advanced user's guide.

Regards

Pete