The simFlight Network Forums

Bug dll.xml not found in Prepar3D

Hello friends I have a serious problem, I can not install FSUIPC in Prepar3D because it does not automatically create the file in the directory dll.xml: Ex: "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D" other files are created in this directory, but does not appear dll.xml. Modules The directory was not created in the installation folder of the program. No error occurred during installation of the system. Also no error occurs during execution. already reinstalled each 3 times but nothing happened. I think this is a bug and am willing to help improve Prepar3D reporting bugs.

computer:

i7-2600k

4GB RAM

GTX460

Windows 7 x64 - with all updates installed.

Is there any solution for that, so far not found.

I'm under the 30-day trial Prepar3D and to be able to test the simulator must FSUIPC is running.

Hello friends I have a serious problem, I can not install FSUIPC in Prepar3D because it does not automatically create the file in the directory dll.xml: Ex: "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D" other files are created in this directory, but does not appear dll.xml. Modules The directory was not created in the installation folder of the program. No error occurred during installation of the system. Also no error occurs during execution. already reinstalled each 3 times but nothing happened. I think this is a bug and am willing to help improve Prepar3D reporting bugs.

More information is needed. It sounds like you are using an outdated version of the FSUIPC4 installer. The current version is 4.758.

If the Installer ran with no errors, where is the Install log? What did it actually do? It displays a complete running log sdaying exactly what it is doing, every step. Even if you cannot find the log file itself, you can read it on screen. There's a scroll bar and even a Save As menu option.

Regards

Pete

More information is needed. It sounds like you are using an outdated version of the FSUIPC4 installer. The current version is 4.758.

If the Installer ran with no errors, where is the Install log? What did it actually do? It displays a complete running log sdaying exactly what it is doing, every step. Even if you cannot find the log file itself, you can read it on screen. There's a scroll bar and even a Save As menu option.

Regards

Pete

I believe that this is not the fault of FSUIPC4 because I'm using the latest. The big problem is that Prepar3D dll.xml not created the file, and the installer of FSUIPC4 not find it and thus can not register it within the dll.xml. And not to mention that the tbm Prepar3D did not create the Modules directory. It is very strange behavior of Prepar3D during installation no error was charged.

I believe that this is not the fault of FSUIPC4 because I'm using the latest. The big problem is that Prepar3D dll.xml not created the file, and the installer of FSUIPC4 not find it and thus can not register it within the dll.xml.

No version of FSX, ESP or Prepar3D creates a DLL.XML file -- unless you install the SDK. That doesn't matter. If one isn't there, FSUIPC's installer creates one with only it listed for loading.

And not to mention that the tbm Prepar3D did not create the Modules directory.

Again, no version of FSX, ESP or Prepar3D creates a Modules folder. That is also done by the FSUIPC installer. Versions of FS since FSX have not used a Modules folder, but in FS9 and before that was how added modules got loaded. FSUIPC creates the folder to maintain the sort of compatibility with user's expectations it was designed for.

Saying your version of FSUIPC4's installer is "the latest" is actually rather meaningless to me I'm afraid. Folks have said that when they were actualy using a pretty old version -- just the "latest" they'd seen. Please always quote version numbers. If you are using the 4.758 installer, show me the log or at least look at it and see what the problem is.

Regards

Pete

Hello friend Pete. Would you like to remote access via RDP on my computer to see this problem? I say this because seeing the problem, which can be resolved faster. Send an email to me so we can talk about it. If you do not want to do remote access, I'll save the logs and screen prints and have them here in this topic.

I want to help with anything you need.

Hugs.

Hello friend Pete. Would you like to remote access via RDP on my computer to see this problem?

Sorry, no. I do not work that way. So far you've supplied zero info on the problem in any case, seeming instead to totally misunderstand what you are seeing. The information will be in the logs. Both of your assumptions about Prepar3D are totally wrong and rather wild. The information needed is in the Install log. That is precisely why it is produced and your delay in showing such information is rather strange.

I'll save the logs and screen prints and have them here in this topic.

Why would I need to see screen prints? All I need in the first instance is the Log. That's the whole point of producing one! I also need you to confirm the VERSION number, not just saying "latest". you've not even done that yet! If you are not using 4.758 you need to update first.

I want to help with anything you need.

Perhaps you can start soon, then? ;-)

Regards

Pete

I'm sorry not to post the log information here so far. I'm at work and in spare time I wrote this information. Upon arriving at my house where the simulator and Prepar3D just post the log here for you. These things happened last night, and I opened this topic today. In two hours I'll be at my house and send the logs.

Friends solved this problem. The version of FSUIPC I was old and I have not figured it out: |

Solution to the above problem is: Using FSUIPC version 15th January 4.758 2012 or greater.

This version of FSUIPC created automatically and dll.xml Prepar3D the Modules directory.

Friends here ask forgiveness for this my fault, and that Pete had warned version. And I did not see it.