The simFlight Network Forums

Offset 310A help.

Hi,

I'm trying to inhibit/disconnect the throttle axis to avoid interferences with Auto throttle during flight because it causes overspends problems on my FS2004 iFly 737.

I've set a button with x310A offset and setbits x08 when hold (repeating option), and clear setbits when released.

The setting works disconnecting and connecting my throttle lever/axis perfectly, but the problem is that it's disconnecting/inhibiting the AP auto throttle too.

Could you help me? I don't know what I'm doing wrong... :-(

Thanks ;

Marcos L.

I'm trying to inhibit/disconnect the throttle axis to avoid interferences with Auto throttle during flight because it causes overspends problems on my FS2004 iFly 737.

Your throttle axis shouldn't cause any interference at all if it isn't being moved, because neither FS nor FSUIPC (depending where you've assigned it) takes any notice of it until and unless it provides a changed reading. So, it appears that, at least in the place you have it parked, it is "jittering" -- i.e. sending varying values to FS or FSUIPC.

The normal and best solution for that is to park it in a place where it won't jitter. Hardware-wise that's normally at one of the extreme ends. If you calibrate in FSUIPC it can also be one of the dead zones at either end

I've set a button with x310A offset and setbits x08 when hold (repeating option), and clear setbits when released.

Well, if it is truly a button you'd need to hold it down for the entire period you are on A/T. A toggle switch would be okay. Otherwise you'd be better off with a Lua plug-in set to do it every 5 or 10 seconds.

The setting works disconnecting and connecting my throttle lever/axis perfectly, but the problem is that it's disconnecting/inhibiting the AP auto throttle too.

If it is doing that then it's down to the way the add-on aircraft is controlling the throttles for A/T. It must be sending the axis controls to do so, the very ones you are disconnecting with 310A. So I'm afraid there's no answer that way. I think you need to park the throttle lever instead.

Regards

Pete