The simFlight Network Forums

Mouse macros & LamaX

Hello Peter

I have the registered version of FSUIPC4 and I would like to create some mouse macros for my LamaX. Unfortunatly there are some click-spots that not works with the "normal" mouse-macro-programming.

In the advanced user manual is written, that the mouse macros can be programmed manualy with rectangles. Where can I find these rectangles for the LamaX? Are these in the panel file or in a other file?

I would like to programm my keyboard so that I can start-up the LamaX without using the mouse.

Could you please explain, how does the manual programming works. Thank you for your help.

Kind regards

Thomas

You posted in the FAQ subforum, which is the repository for answers to Frequently Asked questions. I've moved it to the proper Support forum for attention. Please post support questions here in future.

I have the registered version of FSUIPC4 and I would like to create some mouse macros for my LamaX. Unfortunatly there are some click-spots that not works with the "normal" mouse-macro-programming.

If there's no response in mouse macro making mode to your mouse click, then there's probably no regular C++ gauge table entry relating to that mouse switch.

In the advanced user manual is written, that the mouse macros can be programmed manualy with rectangles. Where can I find these rectangles for the LamaX? Are these in the panel file or in a other file?

The mouse rectangle definition is an entry in a table which is created by the Microsoft gauge-making SDK when the programmer of the gauge compiles his work. If he doesn't use the Microsoft macro definitions for the gauge 'hot spots', or instead builds his gauges using XML or raw C/C++ programming, then nothing in the FSUIPC mouse macro facility will work.

The rectangle section of the tables is the part which provides FSUIPC with the Module offset (the Xxxxx*Xxxxx format). The other form, which can really only be created by the original programmer, uses just a number instead to refer to the nth entry in the table. This is needed when there's more than one table entry referring to code at the same offset Xxxxx.

For the latter to be at all useful, the mouse macro production mechanism must still normally generate a response. The only use of the rectangle number is to make sure the correct offset is used rather than only the first one seen. The FSUIPC log file should show what is going on. Did you look? You might need to enable Button logging.

Then, without the help of the original programmer of the gauge, you'd probably have to disassemble the gauge, find the releavant tables, and work out which one is needed. This would need some assembly level programming knowledge.

If you refer again to the Advanced user documentation, it does not really say that you could do it manually yourself, it says, to quote:

"Now I’ll explain what the values in this specification actually mean, but in general no user will actually be concerned with them, as they either have to be supplied be the gauge maker (the add-on panel supplier), or, more usually, be generated automatically for you by FSUIPC, through use of the Mouse itself in mouse macro creation mode".

I'm afraid I don't know (and in fact I've never hard of) a "LamaX", but are you sure it is even written in a form which supports mouse macros? Many modern panel gauges are written using XML or other more modern methods, instead of the venerable MS gauge kit, and tend to use Local Gauge Variables (L:Vars) instead.

Regards

Pete