The simFlight Network Forums

Flight Simulator Dev

Hello

I don't know if it's the good place to ask this but I didn't find informations on other sites...

I'm trying to make 2 flight simulators 2004 communicate via network. the read/write part with fsuipc works very well but do you know if there is a way to control the screen refresh or to read/write data with fsuipc when I want (instead of waiting the next screen refresh) ?

Thank you

Guizmo

PS : sorry for my poor english :)

I'm trying to make 2 flight simulators 2004 communicate via network. the read/write part with fsuipc works very well but do you know if there is a way to control the screen refresh or to read/write data with fsuipc when I want (instead of waiting the next screen refresh) ?

Why not use Multiplayer?

FSUIPC and WideFS synchronise many of the FS reads and writes to the FS frame rate for good reason -- it would make it quite unstable not to do so, and for most there's no point in doing it at other times in any case.

I'm not sure what you mean by "screen refresh" other than frame rate, but you can make it faster by having more options off or a faster processor and video card, and you can slow it down by increasing complexity or running on a slower machine. You can also limit it using the frame rate limiter. If you want both copies to run at the same speed make sure they can both run really fast then limit the frame rate well below their capability.

Regards,

Peete

In multiplayer mode, I have to move all planes independly...

In fact I need to have instruments on 1 screen and visual system on 1 other screen (on separate computers).

I am able to do that but the result isn't acceptable, the second computer image jerks.

I transfer lattitude, longiture, altitude, pitch, bank and heading (from offset 0x0560 to 0x0583), and I don't know what does it need more... Do you know if I have to transfer anything else ?

I transfer lattitude, longiture, altitude, pitch, bank and heading (from offset 0x0560 to 0x0583), and I don't know what does it need more... Do you know if I have to transfer anything else ?

Sorry, I've really no idea. You want to talk to Luciano Napolitano, author of WidevieW, the main purpose of which was to link multiple FS's together smoothly. It did a better job than multiplayer, but I don't know if he's doing a version for FS2004.

Regards,

Pete