The simFlight Network Forums

PMDGNGX MCP don't work with 4.80 Version

With the 4.80 Version i can not operate the MCP of the NGX with the mouse (no more clicking points only on the MCP). If I disable FSUIPC it is functioning normally. What's the problem?

What was your previous version of FSUIPC? There's been no change which will affect that. Unless you've selected options such as mouse macro making mode, FSUIPC doesn't touch the mouse.

How are you 'disabling' FSUIPC?

Pete

ok, I join in here:

have also a problem, possibly related to FSUIPC with the NGX.

I have my system setup with a left handed mouse (don't know if has something to do with)

When I press several (not all) keys inside the NGX VC (not the 2D panel) my primary (right) mouse button will generate an action on press and one on release.

I have made a little video to show this behave (as example the HGS):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXlsk10QFMk

I have contacted PMDG support a few days ago and after a few suggestions (reinstallation etc) the issue is still present.

Grandsurf brought the idea up, that disabling FSUIPC solves this error.

I tried it (by removing the FSUIPC.dll from modules folder) and everything works as it should.

I have also EZDOK camera, but I disabled this already without success.

And changed my system to right handed mouse and reinstalled the NGX as per advice from PMDG support.

There is absolutely no issue with any other addon, even not from PMDG, just the NGX.

I told PMDG now that disabling FSUIPC solves the issue - hope they, or you, Pete, have an idea whats going on.

Unfortunately I couldn't say if its since FSUIPC 4.80 or already with earlier versions - I have this issue since a few weeks.

I bought EZDOK camera at this time and used 2D panels before, so I haven't had this issue.

Hope you have an idea about this (as always)

many greetings and many thanks,

Günter

have also a problem, possibly related to FSUIPC with the NGX.

I have my system setup with a left handed mouse (don't know if has something to do with)

When I press several (not all) keys inside the NGX VC (not the 2D panel) my primary (right) mouse button will generate an action on press and one on release.

I tried it (by removing the FSUIPC.dll from modules folder) and everything works as it should.

But unless you selected one of the two (three in 4.801) mouse options in the Miscellaneous tab in FSUIPC options, FSUIPC doesn't touch the mouse. There must be something else happening, some other program reliant on FSUIPc and inactive when FSUIPC isn't running.

I just loaded up the PMDG 737NGX (recently updated to SP1b level) and used the mouse fine on the MCP -- keft and right buttons operate the dial decrement and increment actions etc. In fact it works with all three FSUIPC mouse options enabled or without, so there really should be no problems.

I think perhaps you need to do a more thorough process of elimination on your system. I really don't know how i can help -- as I say, the involvement of FSUIPC in mouse actions is minimal, even with the few mouse options it includes enabled, and zero without.

By all means, enable event logging in FSUIPC and see what the mouse maybe doing in the NGX. I think the aircraft uses a lot of FS control numbers in high ranges, unrecognised by FSUIPC ad logged as "unknown".

Have you only recently started using the NGX, or maybe it's recent update?

Note: apart from the change to add Mouse Move mode, in 4.801, there was no change in mouse facilities in 4.80 and not for a long time before. The Mouse look option has been in for about six months or so, and the mousewheel trim has been in since as long ago as version 4.26.

Regards

Pete

Is this recommended with the install of 4.80?

No. It should most certainly not be necessary. Folks have a lot invested in their assignments in the INI file. I need more information as to why this can make any difference, please.

Deleted also the old FSUIPC4.ini and now it works ....

I'd like to know exactly why, though. I hope one of you has the old copy for me to look at? Or both old and new to compare?

Regards

Pete

Yes, of course I have the old one! Because I know, you'd like to investigate :razz:

Sent per Mail ...

Okay. thank you.

There is nothing in the settings themselves that could have any affect on this. The main difference is of course that the new one isn't loading "LINDA"., and doesn't have a load of Axis assignments, Calibrations and Keys, along with a load of Profiles. There's nothing else there which is different. Certainly nothing I can test here.

So it's now neexessary for you to start with the original INI and remove things until you find which is doing it. Start by not running Linda, as that's the only major part for which I've no idea what it is doing.

You can't really mix and match the two files. By starting afresh you've lost all the connections between the macro and Lua file numbers and the assignments to keys 9and Buttons, though you have almost none of those assigned here).

Regards

Pete

ok, seems the Joystickcalibration makes some error :???:

I have now inserted step by step every difference between my old file and the new (working one) and have tested if the error happens.

By filling in the Calibration part, the issue comes up

[JoystickCalibration]
AllowSuppressForPFCquad=Yes
ExcludeThrottleSet=Yes
ExcludeMixtureSet=Yes
ExcludePropPitchSet=Yes
SepRevsJetsOnly=No
ApplyHeloTrim=No
UseAxisControlsForNRZ=No
FlapsSetControl=0
FlapDetents=No
ReverserControl=66292
Reverser1Control=66422
Reverser2Control=66425
Reverser3Control=66428
Reverser4Control=66431
MaxThrottleForReverser=256
AileronTrimControl=66731
RudderTrimControl=66732
CowlFlaps1Control=66162
CowlFlaps2Control=66163
CowlFlaps3Control=66164
CowlFlaps4Control=66165
SteeringTillerControl=0
MaxSteerSpeed=60
Aileron=-16380,-512,512,16380
Elevator=-16380,-512,512,16380
Rudder=-16380,-512,512,16380
SlopeRudder=4
Mixture=-16380,16380
LeftBrake=-16380,16380/16
RightBrake=-16380,16380/16
Throttle1=-16380,-512,512,16380/32
Throttle2=-16380,-512,512,16380/32
Throttle3=-16380,-512,512,16380/32
Throttle4=-16380,-512,512,16380/32
ElevatorTrim=-16380,-512,512,16380
Spoilers=-16380,16380
Flaps=-16384,16380
CowlFlaps1=0,16380
CowlFlaps2=0,16380
CowlFlaps3=0,16380
CowlFlaps4=0,16380
PanHeading=-16380,-512,512,16380
SlopePanHeading=15
SlewAlt=-16380,-512,512,16380/16
[/CODE]

Note: this is very early in my FSUIPC4.ini, means I haven't yet now inserted any aircraft specific settings.

And this is 100% reproduceable. If I remove this, the NGX is working again ...

I will now exclude line by line of the calibration and hopefully find one single line causing the error ...

ok, seems the Joystickcalibration makes some error :???:

Hmm. I don't understand how calibration can affect mouse clicking.

By filling in the Calibration part, the issue comes up

With Axis assignments, or still without?

All those calibration entries are with default calibration, BTW. You've not actually set max/min/centre points at all.

I will now exclude line by line of the calibration and hopefully find one single line causing the error ...

Okay. Let me know. It'll be tomorrow now before I can get to this again.

Regards

Pete

ok, take a seat please, Pete ;)

And the villain is:

(drum roll)

CowlFlaps1=0,16380

Checked and double checked, restarted FSX, inserted all my old stuff and configurations into my fresh FSUIPC. ini and disabled this line --> working!

And: inserted the old FSUIPC4.ini and deleted this line --> working!

:cool:

I hope strongly that this isn't a "next day I start my PC and issue is back" thingy, but I tested it now several times...

And the villain is:

(drum roll)

CowlFlaps1=0,16380

Well, how strange. The PMDG code must be using that otherwise non-applicable control for something internal! I'll check that here.

But, I must ask, what has happened recently to make this happen? It cannot be the release of FSUIPC 4.80. maybe it is something changed by the SP1b update?

Thanks for identifying this for other users, but thankfully it is likely not to be a common occurrence in most user's INI files. Of course if you want a CowlFlaps control you'd tend to have it only operating for aircraft which have such things.

[LATER]

Okay, by enabling Axis Event logging in FSUIPC4, I see that, in VC mode only, the NGX uses the COWLFLAPS1_SET control when the mouse is used on the dials. However, here the mere calibration setting for that axis in FSUIPC doesn't stop it working. Maybe in your case it was actually also assigned, though?

There's not a lot i can do about this, as the Cowl Flaps 1 axis is a proper FSX axis for that use. I will simply have to remember this oddit of the NGX in case others ask.

Regards

Pete

Good morning Pete,

good you sorted it out what PMDG does with this axis ... :cool:

But, I must ask, what has happened recently to make this happen?

This "issue" must be longer there, I think.

I have bought EZDOK camera a few weeks ago and changed from using 2D panels for overhead, pedestal etc to "real VC views" with EZDOK (great addon btw). And as I have also a left handed mouse I suddenly noticed this issue.

I contacted PMDG support (fast answer, great support, but took a short while because the corresponding developer was on route) and we looked for an EZDOK issue first, After that I uninstalled the NGX completely and reinstalled it by advice from PMDG.

Then "grandsurf" came up with this FSUIPC idea luckiliy :razz:

However, here the mere calibration setting for that axis in FSUIPC doesn't stop it working.

Have you tried it with your right mouse button also?

My left mouse button is also working, but as I have a left handed mouse, my right one is the primary.

Maybe that is it ...

ok, glad, this issue is sorted out now!!!

Hope, PMDG is reading this also and take a a note for this rare cases ...

Many thanks,

Günter