The simFlight Network Forums

calibrating spoiler

Hello everyone,

Currently trying to calibrate the four spoiler detents on my homemade 737 TQ. I'm using FSX and the PMDG737NGX . I have the registered version of FSUIPC4 with all updates except the very latest, 89 I think it is. I am calibrating the speedbrake/spoiler in the axis area of FSUIPC4, setting a zone for each detent. What I would like to know, is which item from the dropdown menu in FSUIPC4 best suits the Flight detent position. for Down I use the spoiler dec item with a repeat when in the zone. Armed is self explanatory. Flight Detent I'm not sure of. For the UP detent I use spoiler inc with a repeat when in this zone. I'm wondering what everyone else has chosen for the flight detent position.

Thanks

Ed Burton

Currently trying to calibrate the four spoiler detents on my homemade 737 TQ. I'm using FSX and the PMDG737NGX . I have the registered version of FSUIPC4 with all updates except the very latest, 89 I think it is. I am calibrating the speedbrake/spoiler in the axis area of FSUIPC4, setting a zone for each detent. What I would like to know, is which item from the dropdown menu in FSUIPC4 best suits the Flight detent position. for Down I use the spoiler dec item with a repeat when in the zone. Armed is self explanatory. Flight Detent I'm not sure of. For the UP detent I use spoiler inc with a repeat when in this zone. I'm wondering what everyone else has chosen for the flight detent position.

For my 737 cockpit i use a spoiler axis value of 70% of full. FS itself doesn't impose a maximum in-flight speedbrake value, but this seems to be about right for a 737.

Pete