The simFlight Network Forums

Checklist on wideclient using LUA

Do you think it is possible to display a checklist on a networked pc (via widefs) using LUA?

There is no display facility provided in the WideClient versions of the Lua libraries. The Lua display facilities that are supported work on the same FS windows that the FSUIPC library does.

I know I can just display a text but I would like to check the status of the items and autocheck them step-by-step the buttons get pushed...

If the text is displayed from a text file, you can of course using the normal file handling facilities in Lua to edit that file.

I've got no plans at present for any Lua display facilities in addition to those already available with the FS windows. It is something I might consider for the future (especially if I can ever find a way to grap the FS windows themselves -- like the ATC window and the similar menu windows produced by other add-ons). But it would not be soon.

There are some existing checklist display programs which can do the sort of thing you want. I can recommend this one, for example, which although originally specifically for 737 can be used for any aircraft with user checklists:

http://www.technical...Product_ECL.htm

Regards

Pete