The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC issue FSX and FS9

Hi Peter, sorry this problem is the first time I have contacted you. You make a great product, which I have enjoyed for years. On Friday I updated both of my sims with the latest FSUIPC edition. I run all Goflight Throttles and joysticks directly with FSUIPC, in both sims. First concern FSCARS kept on timing out "waiting to connect". Second in FSX I could net get the autothrottle on my CS757 or iFly 737 to work. The autothrottle would not control the engines no matter where I left the throttles, full on or full off. I have uninstalled FSUIPC and installed an older version. KACARS and Autothrottles all work now. Thanks Bob

Correction KACARS problem was due because, some one hacked "phpvms.net", that happened the same time that I installed the latest FSUIPC. Bob

Hi Peter, sorry this problem is the first time I have contacted you. You make a great product, which I have enjoyed for years. On Friday I updated both of my sims with the latest FSUIPC edition.

Which is the 'latest edition" in your view? Please always state version numbers, that is what they are for!

in both sims. First concern FSCARS kept on timing out "waiting to connect".

What does FSCARS want to connect to, and how is that related to FSUIPC? If you think FSUIPC isn't working I need to see the FSUIPC log file, afterr FS is closed, and you can find that in the FS Modules folder.

Second in FSX I could net get the autothrottle on my CS757 or iFly 737 to work. The autothrottle would not control the engines no matter where I left the throttles, full on or full off.

FSUIPC doesn't control autothrottles in either aircraft.

I have uninstalled FSUIPC and installed an older version. KACARS and Autothrottles all work now.

And what "old" version is that? If you don't provide any real information I can't really help. Some programs which use FSUIPC offsets night be affected by a correction to an bug in some old versions of FSUIPC. For some strange reason programmers of add-ons did not report the bug but went and programmed using the wrong information, despiite the documentation telling them otherwise. So when the bug was eventually reported and fixed, a few months ago, their programs then had a bug. In order to get arond this, temporarily until they fixed their bugs, I had to provide a fiddle to re-introduce the old bug in FSUIPC. This is documented, it is the

AxesWrongRange=Yes

Add this to the [General] section in the INI file, or change "No" to "Yes" if the line is already there.

Don't forget to change it back if these add-on makers ever fix their products.

Note, however, that I don't think the iFly uses FSUIPC -- it doesn't say FSUIPC is needed, does it? So I suspect you have a different problem altogether. The only aircraft I know about which might be affected by 'AxesWrongRange" are older editions of the VRS Superbug and some Eaglesoft aircraft. No one has reported any others.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Peter for getting back to me.

The edition I had installed was 4.80, the old one I had saved in an old file was created in March 3 2010.

As mentioned KACRS was not working due to being hacked. However KACARS needs FSUIPC to be installed to work. I have no idea how they work together.

All my control devices (Rudder Pedals, Joystick and Throttles and most Goflight Modules) are directly controlled by FSUIPC, inside FSX program for controls, is turned off.

What happened to Autothrottle with the two mentioned sims:

I set up a flight, fully programing the FMS, including Derated take off power. Once lined up on the runway I advance throttles to 70% N1, wait to engines stablize, then advance to full power. With Autothrottle armed I press the N1 button on MCP. Normlly the autothrottles will settle at the selected N1 derated position for take off. The engines kept on advancing beyond N1 to 100% full power. No matter where I positioned the Goflight Throttles I could not get the engines to obey the Autothrottle.

As mentioned I have removed 4.80. I will reinstall and try (AxesWrongRange=Yes) this up coming weekend. I will send you my results. At this time all aircraft are working perfectly with the older version of FSUIPC.

Thanks for your help. Bob

Hi Peter redownloaded FSUIPC 4.80 today and installed. All is working without having to change ini file (AxesWrongRange=Yes). Must be my computer was having a bad day on Feb 26/12. Thanks again for your help and great product Bob