The simFlight Network Forums

Switching Registration to a new computer

I have set up my FSX installation on a new computer.

I downloaded a new copy of FSUIPC4 and installed it but it is unregistered and I am unable to access the best features. I have a registered copy of FSUIPC4 on the old computer's FSX setup. Is it possible to transfer that registration to the new? I tried just entering the key and it was not accepted.

Your registration details will work fine - provided they are entered EXACTLY as per your original purchase.

Copy and paste the data from your purchase order at simMarket, for preference. That way you'll know it's correct. If entered correctly, nothing will stop it working on your new PC.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Ian:

You are absolutely right. I went on the old computer, looked up the key files and found that I was NOT copying the details exactly. Doing so enabled successful registration. I came back to this forum to try and delete my posting but you had already responded.

Thanks.

Just goes to show once again that if one actually READS the instructions closely most problems can be taken care of easily.