The simFlight Network Forums

FS Eliminator for FSUIPC client application has stopped working?

Pete,

I've been using FSUIPC4 (registered) for some time now on my sim pc with FSX. Just yesterday I loaded the latest version and added a registration for WideFS. I loaded the WideClient on another PC. The first app I'm using this for is Allen Dyers FS2Phidgets V4 to drive some Phidget I/O cards for LEDs and Servos.

All went well yesterday, in fact great. FS2Phidget connected through WideFS/FSUIPC to FSX and worked well. After work today I went to resume my efforts and am running into a windows error with the client app. It boots and connects right away as expected. But, within about 60 seconds of launching the FS2Phidget app, WideClient stops working and a windows error pops up stating "FS Eliminator for FSUIPC client application has stopped working".

The only other app I have installed on my second pc at the moment that would take advantage of WideFS is a demo of one of the GA panels from Project Magenta. It seems to run fine WideClient stays up. It appears to only be when I load the FS2Phidget App that it crashes. As such I suspect that app is the source of the problem and will be reaching out to the developer for assistance, but thought it might be wise to check with you as well in case you had seen this before or had any thoughts on trouble shooting the issue.

Thanks in advance!

Tom G.

[Config]
ButtonScanInterval=20
ClassInstance=0
NetworkTiming=5,1
MailslotTiming=2000,1000
PollInterval=2000
Port=8002
Port2=9002
ResponseTime=18
ApplicationDelay=0
TCPcoalesce=No
WaitForNewData=500
MaxSendQ=100
OnMaxSendQ=Log
NewSendScanTime=50
Priority=3,1,2
[Sounds]
Path=C:\WideClient\Sound\
Device1=Primary Sound Driver
Device2=Speakers / HP (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)
Device3=Headphones (RTC) (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)
[/CODE]

[CODE]
********* WideClient Log [version 6.94] Class=FS98MAIN *********
Date (dmy): 14/03/12, Time 20:25:56.241: Client name is TANDJTABLETPC
219 LUA: "C:\WideClient\Initial.LUA": not found
234 Attempting to connect now
1248 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast
1248 Failed to connect: waiting to try again
3261 Attempting to connect now
13369 Server = HP410_KITCHENPC
13385 Trying TCP/IP host "HP410_KITCHENPC" port 8002 ...
13385 ... Okay, IP Address = 192.168.1.5
13416 Connection made okay!
18049 New Client Application: "FS2Phidget" (Id=1068)
[/CODE]

[CODE]
********* WideServer.DLL Log [version 7.81] *********
Blocksize guide = 8192 (double allowed)
Date (dmy): 14/03/12, Time 20:25:51.073: Server name is HP410_KITCHENPC
15631 Initialising TCP/IP server
15631 Initialising UDP/IP server
16130 Broadcasting service every 1000 mSecs
16707 Incoming connection Accepted ok (skt=11412) TCP
17066 Connected to computer "TANDJTABLETPC" running WideClient version 6.940 (skt=11412) TCP
47143 Restarting service due to zero reception!
89576 Closing down now ...
Memory managed: Offset records: 129 alloc, 128 free
Read buffer usage: 11 alloc, 11 free, max in session: 1
Write buffer usage: 1172 alloc, 1172 free, max in session: 1
Throughput maximum achieved: 19 frames/sec, 640 bytes/sec
Throughput average achieved for complete session: 3 frames/sec, 91 bytes/sec
Average receive rate from "TANDJTABLETPC": 0 frames/sec, 6 bytes/sec
********* Log file closed *********
[/CODE]

[CODE]
********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.81 by Pete Dowson *********
User Name="Xxx Xxxxxx"
User Addr="xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx"
FSUIPC4 Key is provided
WideFS7 Key is provided
Running inside FSX on Windows 7
Module base=61000000
764 System time = 14/03/2012 20:24:44
780 FLT UNC path = "\\HP410_KITCHENPC\Users\Flight Sim\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"
827 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...
827 FS UNC path = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"
1264 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
1264 Wind smoothing fix is fully installed
1264 G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok
1264 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
1264 Trying to use SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07
5429 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)
5429 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
5429 FSUIPC Menu entry added
5491 \\HP410_KITCHENPC\Users\Flight Sim\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\KTRG BONANZA.FLT
5491 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado BONANZA V35B\Carenado_V35.AIR
6880 Weather Mode now = Global
24289 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\C172\Cessna172SP.AIR
52401 Aircraft="Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint2"
52416 System time = 14/03/2012 20:25:35, Simulator time = 20:24:48 (01:24Z)
67689 Starting everything now ...
67720 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled
75177 Weather Mode now = Theme
75614 Weather Mode now = Global
144972 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 81 secs = 20.8 fps
159620 System time = 14/03/2012 20:27:23, Simulator time = 20:26:09 (01:26Z)
159620 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Average frame rate for running time of 82 secs = 20.8 fps
G3D fix: Passes 15694, Null pointers 0, Bad pointers 0, Separate instances 0
Memory managed: 129 Allocs, 129 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********
[/CODE]

But, within about 60 seconds of launching the FS2Phidget app, WideClient stops working and a windows error pops up stating "FS Eliminator for FSUIPC client application has stopped working".

The only other app I have installed on my second pc at the moment that would take advantage of WideFS is a demo of one of the GA panels from Project Magenta. It seems to run fine WideClient stays up. It appears to only be when I load the FS2Phidget App that it crashes. As such I suspect that app is the source of the problem and will be reaching out to the developer for assistance, but thought it might be wise to check with you as well in case you had seen this before or had any thoughts on trouble shooting the issue.

I could do with a fuller log from WideClient. Could you do this please:

1. Replace WideClient.exe with version 6.953, from the Download Links subforum -- so that we are both using the same version, and

2. Edit the WideClient.INI file, changing the Log option to "Log=DebugAll" in the [user] section, or add

[user]

Log=DebugAll

if there's no [user] section at present. [CORRECTED from "DebgAll"]

This will make quite a big log. If the same crash does not occur with this setting, try again changing the Log option to "Log=Yes" which will merely log whatever the FS2Phidget app is doing.

For large logs, Zip them and send to me at petedowson@btconnect.comn. Otherwsie paste them here as before.

When you run the FS2Phidgets program, does it get to do anything before the crash? Would I be able to reproduce it here with no Phidgets hardware?

Regards

Pete

I could do with a fuller log from WideClient. Could you do this please:

1. Replace WideClient.exe with version 6.953, from the Download Links subforum -- so that we are both using the same version, and

Replaced as requested

2. Edit the WideClient.INI file, changing the Log option to "Log=DebugAll" in the [user] section, or add

[user]

Log=DebgAll

edited as follows:

[Config]
ButtonScanInterval=20
ClassInstance=0
NetworkTiming=5,1
MailslotTiming=2000,1000
PollInterval=2000
Port=8002
Port2=9002
ResponseTime=18
ApplicationDelay=0
TCPcoalesce=No
WaitForNewData=500
MaxSendQ=100
OnMaxSendQ=Log
NewSendScanTime=50
Priority=3,1,2
Window=75,81,601,493
[Sounds]
Path=C:\WideCLient_2\Sound\
Device1=Primary Sound Driver
Device2=Speakers / HP (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)
Device3=Headphones (RTC) (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)
[User]
Log=DebgAll
[/CODE]

I launched WideClient and then FS2Phidget 4.3.66. After about 60 seconds the crash occurred having done nothing in FSX or FS2Phidgets.

Here's the resulting log

[CODE]
********* WideClient Log [version 6.953] Class=FS98MAIN *********
Date (dmy): 15/03/12, Time 06:47:56.840: Client name is TANDJTABLETPC
234 LUA: "C:\WideCLient_2\Initial.LUA": not found
234 Attempting to connect now
765 Server = HP410_KITCHENPC
827 Trying TCP/IP host "HP410_KITCHENPC" port 8002 ...
827 ... Okay, IP Address = 192.168.1.5
843 Connection made okay!
858 Connection closed by server!
858 Attempting to connect now
858 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast
5772 Server = HP410_KITCHENPC
5772 Trying TCP/IP host "HP410_KITCHENPC" port 8002 ...
5772 ... Okay, IP Address = 192.168.1.5
5772 Connection made okay!
9969 New Client Application: "FS2Phidget" (Id=1424)
[/CODE]

if there's no [user] section at present.

This will make quite a big log. If the same crash does not occur with this setting, try again changing the Log option to "[b]Log=Yes[/b]" which will merely log whatever the FS2Phidget app is doing.

For large logs, Zip them and send to me at petedowson@btconnect.comn. Otherwsie paste them here as before.

When you run the FS2Phidgets program, does it get to do anything before the crash? Would I be able to reproduce it here with no Phidgets hardware?

Regards

Pete

I thought at first the crash only occurred after I ran FSX functions that were monitored by FS2Phjidget but that appears not to be the case. If I launch the app and simple wait long enough (about 60 seconds) the crash occurs. As such I suspect you may be able to reproduce the event. I am running Win7 64Bit on both the server and client pc's. Please let me know of any further information I might provide.

Is there any error trapping log in the Win 7 OS that might provide further clues???

I'm headed to work now so my be somewhat delayed before responding next but will reply back as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Tom G.

edited as follows:

Ooops! Sorry to have wasted your time. The Log line should be

Log=Debugall

I see there was a typo in my last reply. Your log is therefore no more useful than the last.

Is there any error trapping log in the Win 7 OS that might provide further clues???

Yes, please check the windows error log and find the WideClient crash. I need the error code and module offset address.

Oh, and does the crash occur if you run the Phidgets program BEFORE FS is running -- i.e. before Wideclient is connected?

Regards

Pete

Pete,

Sorry I missed that typo this morning. That's what I get for trying to edit code before having my first cup of coffee. This evening I corrected the typo and launched the client with the "debug all" active.

I attempted different sequences for launching FSX/WideServer, WideClient, and FS2Phidget. I found that FS2Phidget has to be launched after WideClient or it does not see the FSX connection.

I did find one sequence where WideClient seems to keep running: If I launch WideClient, then Fs2Phidget, and third launch FSX/WideServer all seems to work as expected. I have had all three running launched in that sequence for about 20 minutes now without any issues.

However, if I launch FSX/WideServer then the WideClient followed by FS2Phidget, WideCLient will crash about a minute after FS2Phidget runs.

The detailed log showing what happened when it crashed is attached. WideClient Log While Connected to FSX.zip The client crashed as before after about a minute of run time.

Here's what came up in the Windows Event Viewer:

Log Name: Application
Source: Windows Error Reporting
Date: 3/15/2012 6:36:28 PM
Event ID: 1001
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: TandJTabletPC
Description:
Fault bucket 2884856222, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0
Problem signature:
P1: WideClient.exe
P2: 6.9.5.3
P3: 4f594fa2
P4: DINPUT.DLL
P5: 6.1.7600.16385
P6: 4a5bd9c0
P7: c0000005
P8: 00013f1d
P9:
P10:
Attached files:
C:\Users\Tom and Judy\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6061.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
These files may be available here:
C:\Users\Tom and Judy\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_WideClient.exe_411bba4d0d15b94f38d93c0cb94ce5684d7c93_0335b4a8
Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 40470422-6eef-11e1-912f-e02a822e11da
Report Status: 0
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Windows Error Reporting" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID>
<Level>4</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-03-15T22:36:28.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>308583</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>TandJTabletPC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>2884856222</Data>
<Data>1</Data>
<Data>APPCRASH</Data>
<Data>Not available</Data>
<Data>0</Data>
<Data>WideClient.exe</Data>
<Data>6.9.5.3</Data>
<Data>4f594fa2</Data>
<Data>DINPUT.DLL</Data>
<Data>6.1.7600.16385</Data>
<Data>4a5bd9c0</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>00013f1d</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
C:\Users\Tom and Judy\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6061.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml</Data>
<Data>C:\Users\Tom and Judy\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_WideClient.exe_411bba4d0d15b94f38d93c0cb94ce5684d7c93_0335b4a8</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>0</Data>
<Data>40470422-6eef-11e1-912f-e02a822e11da</Data>
<Data>0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
[/CODE]

I found that FS2Phidget has to be launched after WideClient or it does not see the FSX connection.

Well that's perfectly understandable. Most folks would have wideClient starting the applications using the "Run" options in the INI.

I did find one sequence where WideClient seems to keep running: If I launch WideClient, then Fs2Phidget, and third launch FSX/WideServer all seems to work as expected. I have had all three running launched in that sequence for about 20 minutes now without any issues.

Again I am sure it is much more the norm to have all the clients waiting for FS to be ready than the other way around. I'm surprised that you always waited for FS in the first place!

The detailed log showing what happened when it crashed is attached. WideClient Log While Connected to FSX.zip The client crashed as before after about a minute of run time.

Here's what came up in the Windows Event Viewer:

Thanks. I'll take a look tomorrow. It's getting late here now!

[LATER]

Just a quick comment, from the details above. The crash is actually occurring in DINPUT.DLL, which is the DirectInput part of Windows. WideClient will be using that to scan for buttons to be sent to FS. Could it be that you have some old or unwanted joystick driver on that PC?

Try setting "ButtonScanInterval=0" in the [Config] section of the INI. That'll stop WideClient trying. If that stops the crash, then that is what it is. Do Phidgets boards look like a Direct Input device or have a Dinput driver, perhaps? Maybe there's a clash between WideClient's attempts to read things and FS2Phidget's, but when FS2Phidgets gets in first, as it would if you have it all waiting till FSX is started, the clash doesn't happen because FS2Phidgets has initialised things correctly?

Regards

Pete

Regards

Pete

Well that's perfectly understandable. Most folks would have wideClient starting the applications using the "Run" options in the INI.

Again I am sure it is much more the norm to have all the clients waiting for FS to be ready than the other way around. I'm surprised that you always waited for FS in the first place!

Thanks. I'll take a look tomorrow. It's getting late here now!

[LATER]

Just a quick comment, from the details above. The crash is actually occurring in DINPUT.DLL, which is the DirectInput part of Windows. WideClient will be using that to scan for buttons to be sent to FS. Could it be that you have some old or unwanted joystick driver on that PC?

Try setting "ButtonScanInterval=0" in the [Config] section of the INI. That'll stop WideClient trying. If that stops the crash, then that is what it is. Do Phidgets boards look like a Direct Input device or have a Dinput driver, perhaps? Maybe there's a clash between WideClient's attempts to read things and FS2Phidget's, but when FS2Phidgets gets in first, as it would if you have it all waiting till FSX is started, the clash doesn't happen because FS2Phidgets has initialised things correctly?

Regards

Pete

Regards

Pete

Pete,

Thanks for the clarification on sequence. I'm new to WideFS and for some reason thought I should have the server up before the Client. Regarding the Button Scan edit, I'll give that a try and let you know what I find. I'll also see if I can get Allan's attention to ask for clarification on how FS2Phidget functions with regard to Direct Input or use of a Dinput driver.

Tom G.

Quick Followup:

With ButtonScanInterval set to 0 the crash does not occur regardless of the start up sequence. I started everything up before leaving for work and almost two hours later all is still running. I think my next trouble shooting step might be to set ButtonScanInterval back to 20, use the WideClient first start up sequence and then find a way to test some functions that will be seen as a button input.

Actually, looking back at your last reply, I will also have to go through the pc and make sure there are no joystick drivers or other bits of FSX related stuff left on there. It should all be clean now, but the pc I'm using has been my test bed for several FSX apps and add ons and as such may have some unwanted software remnants that I missed when uninstalling things. I'll do some further house cleaning this weekend and see what that gains me, and then move on to testing some button input scenarios.

Good morning Pete,

I am also having the same problem, however, with FS2004. Both my FSUIPC and Wide6 are fully registered, but I am unable to Connect to FSUIPC with the FS Eliminator on my software I am told that FSUIPC Status: Not Connected!! I am not that computer savy so I am unable to do the logs and all that stuff.

Second Followup:

Pete, I was able to test the button functions through WideFS using a spare Bodnar card and all seems to be working as designed. I can send button functions from client to server without any issues. I also heard back from Alan about his FS2Phidget software and he confirmed that it does not function as a direct Input device or have a Dinput driver.

While I don't have a Phidgets hardware device with button inputs, FS2Phidget does have an emulator function so I was able to test at least that much and there didn't appear to be any problems or conflicts. That emulator, of course, does not provide a sufficient test so I'll be looking at my budget to see if I can move the purchase of one up in the plan.

Unfortunately, my weekend schedule has been changed and I won't have the time I was hoping for to do the house keeping on the pc software. I am hoping to do some of that during the upcoming week and will do further testing when done.

So at this point it would appear, barring any problem with the future Phidget hardware test, that I have a working solution provided I launch the apps in the proper sequence. I will follow up again after I can perform the next round of testing.

Thanks again for your assistance with this!!!

So at this point it would appear, barring any problem with the future Phidget hardware test, that I have a working solution provided I launch the apps in the proper sequence. I will follow up again after I can perform the next round of testing.

Okay. I don't realy understand why the crash was occurring in "dinput.dll" if nothing else is involved in scanning joysticks. WideClient doesn't actually use DirectInput itself, but calls Windows simpler (and older) "joyGetPosEx" function to read buttons. But I guess that uses dinput.dll somewhere down the line. (In FSUIPC4 I use the DirectInput functions explicitly so I can read all 8 possible axes, but of course Wideclient doesn't provide axis input options).

Regards

Pete