The simFlight Network Forums

how to install scripts ?

hello, I download duke turbine script from user contribution sub-forums, but having hard time to install it. I unzipped the folder, and two files I copied to fsx/modules folder. In fsx session, run FSUIPC but then can't see the lua..any advise please ?

hello, I download duke turbine script from user contribution sub-forums, but having hard time to install it. I unzipped the folder, and two files I copied to fsx/modules folder. In fsx session, run FSUIPC but then can't see the lua..any advise please ?

Were the files named something.lua? If so then each one of those will lhave added a number of files to each of the assignment drop-downs in FSUIPC:

If the name was xxx.lua then you'll see:

Lua xxx

Luadebug xxx

LuaKill xxx

LuaClear xxx

LuaSet xxx

LuaToggle xxx

LuaValue xxx

You get all of those for every Lua type file placed in the FS Modules folder. you can't very well miss them, there will be so many!

There's nothing else to it!

Pete

Thank you for the help sir. But I still can't understand how it works. I use Katana 4x FSUIPC commands, which I download from aerosoft forums, and in FSUIPC, I can see all commands clearly. This Duke Script, as you said, I see Lua of it, but could not figure out where the commands are. I see only a few things, Lua TurbineDuke Comstack, and Lua DukeEngineS. So I don't understand where is the com stack commands, or engine commands. Sorry maybe I should read a manual for this. I am really so confused at the moment.

Thank you for the help sir. But I still can't understand how it works. I use Katana 4x FSUIPC commands, which I download from aerosoft forums, and in FSUIPC, I can see all commands clearly. This Duke Script, as you said, I see Lua of it, but could not figure out where the commands are. I see only a few things, Lua TurbineDuke Comstack, and Lua DukeEngineS. So I don't understand where is the com stack commands, or engine commands. Sorry maybe I should read a manual for this. I am really so confused at the moment.

I don't know those Lua plug-ins. But a brief look at them shows that they are documented. Just open the files with a text editor and read the stuff near the top. They list the parameters you set for each of the commands. So you just assign to the Lua xxxxx control and put the appropriate parameter in the parameter field, the space where it says 'parameter'!

Regards

Pete