The simFlight Network Forums

Changing FSX parameters during flight

Hi Pete,

as I have big losts of FPS during flight over MEGA airports, I am thinking of how to change FSX values, e.g. disable "Autogen", during flight in dependance of the area.

Is it possible to do this via FSUIPC?

I saw e.g. in your older Programmers Manual of FSUIPC for FS2002 that there was an offset 0C92 for Texture Quality. In your newest FSX Offset document there are "NO's" for FSX READ / WRITE.

I checked the forum, but didn't find similar topic.

thanks again for your comments

regards

Alhard

as I have big losts of FPS during flight over MEGA airports, I am thinking of how to change FSX values, e.g. disable "Autogen", during flight in dependance of the area.

Is it possible to do this via FSUIPC?

No, sorry. The only thing which might work is to change the AI traffic density -- and in fact it is normally the AI which slows things down near airports. The drawing of the buildings etc may cause a slight stutter, but it shouldn't normally reduce fps much. It is the traffic which does.

I saw e.g. in your older Programmers Manual of FSUIPC for FS2002 that there was an offset 0C92 for Texture Quality. In your newest FSX Offset document there are "NO's" for FSX READ / WRITE.

Yes -- in fact many of the things we could do in FS2000 gradually became impossible, or at least more difficult, as MS re-wrote parts using "object oriented" programming. Everything then gets hidden in black boxes.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete.

How can I do what you proposed with AI traffic (offset 0250, right?)?

Do you have an example for a script which changes AI Traffic dependant of the area? Would help.

regards

Alhard

Why not read aircraft latitude (0x0560 or 0x6010) and longitude (0x0568 or 0x6018) and set 0x0250 accordingly?