The simFlight Network Forums

FS98 user with FDC and Meteo

Hello, I'm a vintage FS98 user and fly it ever since 1998. Because I'm constructing sceneries and paint aircrafts for it I don't want to quit it by now.

My question: I am using FDC (version 1.5.4) along with FS-Meteo v 8.0. Because Meteo seems to need the newer FSUIPC 3.71 I get trouble with FDC, which needs FSUIPC 2.73. Is there any way to get it fixed? My idea was: Maybe something like another Modules-folder and then get one of the programs linked to that folder, as using two FSUIPC-versions at once, if possible? To describe my idea: As long for now I have the FSUIPC 2.73 in my FS-Modules-folder. So if possible then I would create another folder with 3.71 inside and get FS-Meteo linked to that folder. I just don't know if that works with the PC-system (Windows98). I just would ask Marc Philibert of Meteo if he would do me a favour when it should work.

Thanks in advance

I moved your support question to the Support Forum. You posted it into the FAQ subforum where it won't get answered -- that's a place for collecting standard answers.

Hello, I'm a vintage FS98 user and fly it ever since 1998. Because I'm constructing sceneries and paint aircrafts for it I don't want to quit it by now.

My question: I am using FDC (version 1.5.4) along with FS-Meteo v 8.0. Because Meteo seems to need the newer FSUIPC 3.71 I get trouble with FDC, which needs FSUIPC 2.73.

You should be using 3.999 not 3.71 or 2.73 which are not supportable.

I don't know any reason for those two products to get into any trouble with later versions, as great care is taken to maintain compatibility. although some programs incorrectly state they need a specific version, they really mean they need AT LEAST that version, no earlier, because they need some facility which was not added till then. Facilities are never actually removed (though i'd dearly love to, sometimes!).

Regards

Pete

Thank you, Pete. But I tried it before with 3.71, I guess there was no 3.999 developed at that time (must have been around 2007) and still it got conflicted with FS98, especially FDC. Maybe the conventional drivers are too old to work FDC together with FS98 (except 2.73)?

Edited by tp142

Thank you, Pete. But I tried it before with 3.71, I guess there was no 3.999 developed at that time (must have been around 2007) and still it got conflicted with FS98, especially FDC.

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by "conflicted", and I am pretty sure FDC works even now with current versions of FSUIPC and most if not all versions of FS.

There really is no way to use a mix of old versions. Sorry.

Pete

So it was what I thought: "FSUIPC Error: IPC request contains bad data. Check FSUIPC version (3.5 or later required)" This came up when I wanted to connect FS98 with FDC with the new FSUIPC 3.999

Now I've tried 3.71 again (last time it was around 2007) and it seems to work...? Could be that I had an update of FDC in the meanwhile so that the new version 1.5.4 accepts 3.71. So I will see. Hope all fits togehter also with FS-Meteo. :)

So it was what I thought: "FSUIPC Error: IPC request contains bad data. Check FSUIPC version (3.5 or later required)" This came up when I wanted to connect FS98 with FDC with the new FSUIPC 3.999

That's a bad check in FDC then. There were some faulty applications which did some strange things with the version numbers, but I never thought FDC was one of them.

Now I've tried 3.71 again (last time it was around 2007) and it seems to work...? Could be that I had an update of FDC in the meanwhile so that the new version 1.5.4 accepts 3.71.

No idea, but i'd advise you to seek an update with the bug fixed so it doesn't baulk at 3.999. If you wish to stay with 3.71 please note I can offer no support.

Pete